IGNORED

tempest overlays

i just discoverd that tempest 2000 makes use of the overlay buttons. just press the upper right button of the overlay keys. and it will zoom in. you can zoom in and zoom out.

anybody ever noticed that?

funny. i just put theme park in my jag. and it seems that that game also makes use of the overlay buttons.

i wonder why they didnt add overlays to their game if it made use of overlays...

These are the ones that have overlays:

http://www.atariage.com/system_items.html?...mTypeID=OVERLAY

There are overlays for Worms, Skyhammer and Battleshere, too.

Anybody know of any others?

There are some other custom ones. I bought them all some time ago. I'm not sure if that guy is still making them. Just from memory (since I put them in with the games), there is also:

Air Cars (on box as well)

Missile Command 3-d

World Tour Racing

Iron Soldier 2

Ummmm.....That's all I can remember off hand....

Iron Soldier overlay works well for 2, since the controls are exactly the same. ;)

I printed off a bunch from somewhere a long time ago, and lamenated them; a replacement Wolfenstein, Tempest, Atarikarts, Zero5, Missle command VR and 3D, I got some duplicates of my AvP's off the net, and use those and not the originals as most know how the paint can chip off around the buttons on the originals. I wanted to minimize the damage.

So, there are some images floating around, I've seen several for certain games (variations). If you buy them, they will be real overlays, if you print them, just paper and lamanent,...or cardstock.

Mr biz dude, im presumeing that the worms, battlesphere and skyhammer overlays werent ever released with the games, becuase i own skyhammer and battlesphere bought directly from the companies, but there are no overlays. i did make up a skyhammer overlay from a print out of the one that is in the manual.

Mr biz dude, im presumeing that the worms, battlesphere and skyhammer overlays werent ever released with the games, becuase i own skyhammer and battlesphere bought directly from the companies, but there are no overlays. i did make up a skyhammer overlay from a print out of the one that is in the manual.

I'll answer for Biz Dude, no neither of those games came with overlays. However, there was a guy some time ago that was selling overlays that he had made for all the games. The overlays were really nice. I bought 1 of each and 2 controller cover overlays.....

Jason

Thanks Jay - you must be trying to get that Vectrex cheap, eh?   :lol:

Ten bucks? :) Ok, ok, ok, I'll give you twenty..... :D

i have the scametics of how to build an light pen and how to build an vectrex development system. anyone interested can email me. i will send it. however. i have to look how big it is.

Archived