IGNORED

Cloning the whtech ftp

ramidavis

My old ISP (Excede Internet) was a B* when it came to anything to do with torrents. I downloaded a few items from archive.org via torrent, got a nasty email telling me my speed was halved for the rest of the billing period.

Needless to say, i am no longer with that ISP, and i certainly do not want to try and see what happens with my new ISP (CenturyLink).

I've been looking for some stuff on whtech. Did all of my CD contents from GEnie I uploaded years ago get deleted on the website or are they hidden in some folder I can not find?

Seems like a lot of stuff is no longer there.

Beery

things got "organized" by a few parties.. what's an identifyer and I'll search for it?

Greg

things got "organized" by a few parties.. what's an identifyer and I'll search for it?

Greg

As I recall, there were categories like CAT01, CAT02, CAT0x... CAT50 for the different file areas that were on GEnie. I've got the original CD; I was just surprised I could not find the 50 or 60 MB's of files I had uploaded that were pretty well organized. There should have also been a FILES.BBS in each CATxx category that included the filename and a brief file description.

I do know Mike Wright incorporated that complete CD in his most recent release of PC99 with each individual file containing a de-arked file listing for any files that were archived in the file list.

Beery

./Geneve/9640news/CAT01
./Geneve/9640news/CAT01/LUCXB87A.ARC
./Geneve/9640news/CAT01/NEWS3.ARK
./Geneve/9640news/CAT01/MAGICFM.ARK
./Geneve/9640news/CAT01/LUCXB88A.ARC
./Geneve/9640news/CAT01/NEWS8.ARK

./Geneve/9640news/CAT01/MACFLIX.ARK/Geneve/9640news/CAT02
./Geneve/9640news/CAT02/TIPS50.ARK
./Geneve/9640news/CAT02/TIPS42.ARK
./Geneve/9640news/CAT02/TIPS39.ARK
./Geneve/9640news/CAT02/TIPS142.ARK
./Geneve/9640news/CAT02/0PAT.ARK

?

thats what i found searching ftp://ftp.whtech.com/sitelist.txt

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper

ftp://ftp.whtech.com/Geneve/9640news/all.hd

This is a hard disk image containing all volumes of 9640news. You can use it in MAME, but also in TIImageTool. With the search function in TIImageTool, you can find files on the HD image at any depth, and apart from that, you can also search for contents. And it can search in archive files.