IGNORED

Wanted Atari 1400XL

svenski

:ponder:

Impossible no, in fact I missed one recently (a 1400XL that is) simply because I stumbled on a forum a couple of days too late.

I've seen the 1450XLD in the flesh, and an 815. The portable 65 XEP is out there somewhere too.

:twisted:

I've wanted one of these for a long time now (been looking since 97). AFAIK only one has been sold during this time period and it went for alot of money (ALOT of money). I've pretty much given up on Dynasty...

Tempest

I actually have a 1400XL, complete with 384K of RAM and the updated Telelink version that's supposed to run the voicemail system (but I've never actually tried to get it to work). I think I've passed around pictures on occassion. The pictures aren't exciting, looks like a 1200XL with a giant PC power supply jury rigged to it.

I've had it now since before 2000, and it was pretty expensive.

If anyone wants me to put up some more pictures let me know.

Eric

TXG, go start yer own threads you cheapskate!!!  :P  

TXG will pay you in Dutch sheckles  :ponder:

Hmm I pay in Euro's or US Dollars or any other currency that's needed to get myself an Atari 1400XL or Atari 1450XLD.

Hmm but does someone has an 815 Drive for sale :D

Hmmm, I bought a 1450XLD bare motherboard from Curt on eBay a while ago and have been investigating the possibility of turning it into a working 1400XL. I think it is possible.

The only problem that I see so far is that one of the PAL chips seems to be unavailable. I have inquired about getting someone to pop one off their 1400/1450XL and reading it and burning me one. I'm hoping this is possible. I believe the chip I am missing is PAL 'B', but it could be 'A'. I'll have to check again. (Anyone with a 1400XL with the 1450XL MB want to volunteer? :D )

All the other chips are available and I have them sitting on a shelf in my computer room. I've gone through the schematics and identified all/almost all the parts and have a somewhat complete parts list as well as a gutted 1200XL to put it into.

This may be as close as I can come to having a working 1400XL. If I could come up with the floppy daughterboard (somehow?!) it could be a 1450XLD.

Shawn,

Best of luck with it. I take it Best couldn't help you? They seem to have a couple of 1400 and 1450 bits for sale but I couldn't find the PAL chip.

That's where I got the other chips. The only real custom stuff is the PAL chips and the SC01 which you can get other places too.

Archived