IGNORED

A-VCS-tec Challenge

Simon

Hi everybody,

I started working on A-VCS-tec Challenge again and implemented/improved some more things. I really hope to finish the game this year... :D

The next things to be done are:

- Graphical adjustment of the different leveldesigns

- Correction of small bug in the player sprite

- Playtesting of all settings and possible situations

Best regards,

Simon

Hey Simon,

I'm excited about the eventual release of this game! :)

Slightly off-topic: Did you ever make NTSC versions of your Graz and Parallaz demos?

I think you totally raised the bar of excellence of 2600 demos( much cooler than my Globetrotter demo ;) ) ! Let us know if you will be making these available for NTSC systems. Cool! 8)

Weston 8)

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Some more bugs have been eliminated, but others were spotted:

- scanline jump while adding bonuspoints (for each remaining life) after level 03

- level 11 not appearing correctly when playing Gauntlet and Stairs levels after the other

I already thought about solutions and will implement them this weekend.

The game contains too much colordata to put both PAL- and NTSC-colors in one 8kb cartridge. I'm going to finish the NTSC-version first and will decide afterwards how to make a PAL-version...

Slightly off-topic: Did you ever make NTSC versions of your Graz and Parallaz demos?

The demo "Graz2004" is PAL. You can watch it in your favorite emulator without problems. It displays constant 312 scanlines. I don't plan to convert the demo to NTSC-colors/scanlines.

The demo "Paragon" is not completed right now - it might be used as the intro sequence for another game. The current demo is running well in z26, both in PAL- and NTSC-mode. It displays constant 312 scanlines.

Did you try both demos on real NTSC-hardware already?

Best regards,

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I'm still working on the game. The formerly mentioned bugs have been eliminated and the game works pretty fine now.

Somehow a "strange" bug showing vertical missile lines appears on screen sometimes. It's strange, because I don't use missiles anywhere in the game. The bug only appears under special settings and circumstances and I'm trying to locate and erase it...

Best regards,

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

some more bugs have been eliminated and some improvements added:

- missile bug removed

- bug "no jump possible for a few seconds right after the intro" removed

- different random patterns and sizes of stones added

- color of player changed a bit

- sky is more detailled now

- random stairs varies the bonus-level a bit more

I'm currently playtesting and adjusting the spear and stone difficulty (amount, speed, pause between). Also some colorsets have to be choosen (levels 7 and up).

We'll see...

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

after working some more on A-VCS-tec Challenge I decided to post two new screenshots. The first shows the new skydesign (more detailed graphics).

As I had some space left I decided to include an endsequence, too. It'll show a beach scene and a special scrolltext... please have a look at the second screen.

Some more bugs were found and eliminated aswell.

I'm currently working on a the leveldesigns and lengths and difficulties and hope to have these adjustments finioshed soon.

Best regards,

Simon

post-748-1109673648_thumb.jpg

post-748-1109673649_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your kind answers. :)

Those look amazing. The title screen graphic almost looks like a postcard!

Thanks, but the beach scene is not the title screen. It's the endsequence (after finishing the game). The title screen still features the mask as shown in earlier screenshots...

Some more things have been changed (end-music, end-scrolltext, end-picture, init after reset) yesterday.

Best regards,

Simon

holy poop in my pants batman, those screen shots look phenomenal. I forgot, does your version feature any of the other game play types from the original, or is it just the infuriating arrow dodging?

I now REALLY really REAAALY can't wait to buy this :-)

Hi everybody,

at the weekend I worked on the leveldesigns and adjusted the colors to show completely different scenes. Only the spears and stonescolors have to be done.

Afterwards I'll have a look at the amount of free ROM and decide how to fill it. I'm currently thinking of an easter egg... we'll see.

I forgot, does your version feature any of the other game play types from the original...

acstrs.jpg

Best regards,

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

just a fast update to indicate that I'm still striving to finish this game somewhen in 2005. ;)

Some more things have been improved now. The free space of about 300 byte is mainly used now. Further playtesting didn't show any more bugs.

I'm currently trying different spear appearances and spear and stone colors now and hope to find the perfect setting soon.

Best regards,

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

after taking a break and finishing "Resident Evil 4" I finally sat down again and improved/repaired these things in AC.

- player0 reflect bug level 9 removed

- color bug remaining lives removed

- colors/graphics spears changed

Next thing to be done is the adjustment of stone colors in the stairs levels.

Best regards,

Simon

after taking a break and finishing "Resident Evil 4" I finally sat down again and improved/repaired these things in AC.

835509[/snapback]

Your skills are admirable.. I definitely can't progress since I rescued Ashley!

I hope A-VCS-tec Challenge will not be so hard...! ;)

Regards!

Rasty.-