IGNORED

Unusual Stella experience with 3-D Genesis prototype

Swami

I decided to try playing 3-D Genesis, a Tempest clone prototype, on Stella after seeing it in the marketplace. I couldn't actually find out what controller it used. So I started with joystick, but must have had something like 1P/2P wrong, so I switched to paddles and somehow, even though it is designed for joysticks, it was using the paddle and I could restart it with the paddle fire button. I stopped it to check something on the computer, but when I went to try it again, could not get the paddles working again, although it should have been the same settings. Couldn't reproduce it since I didn't know what got me there. Anyhow, puzzled, I found it on my Harmony cart and played it on the 2600 and discovered it actually used the joystick. It, actually, played pretty crappy with the paddles (on Stella, did not work on 2600) and will probably work better with the joystick next time I use it on Stella, but I thought it was an interesting phenomenon.