IGNORED

some thoughts!

midwest_cdn

"The list goes on. Realistically, Jaguar stuff is a great investment and a blast to collect. "

I also agree its a fun to collect, i dont know about the great investment part. If all the games were at a decent price then maybe but I dont think its a great investment to out down 40 bucks on AVP or 200 for battlesphere, 70 for whatever etc. you know? Sure these games are most likely great and the best on the system but for the price of those games i can get a gamecube or something. I gonna miss out on a lot of great jag games but i dont want to spend more than say 25 -30 bucks on a single jag game.

Also where is retro games ???  Is he a forum regular or just a atari age poser?

I don't know. Even more curious is the disappearance of that "Ben" guy who mysteriously appeared to defend Retro-Games about a day after the auction ended.

No mystery "Thunderbird" - I'm still here. As I mentioned previously, I am usually just a casual observer of these forums.

On the subject of this thread, I am led to believe there are a large amount of brand new Jaguars here in the U.K., sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Around 18 months ago our biggest video games chain "Game" (http://www.game.uk.com) were selling them off at £15 ($25) a throw, boxed, sealed and brand new, with a load of different boxed and sealed games at prices from £5-£15 ($7.50-$20). They were also selling brand new boxed Lynx's at this time too.

They aren't doing them anymore unfortunately, but I have been told by a couple of people that there are a load of them just gathering dust somewhere as we speak. Luckily I got a couple at the time, and still have one unopened so I am sorted!

i bought wolfenstein 3d, dragon and myst for 42 dollars/euros including s&h. hope that was cheap.

since everything is brand new.

Also where is retro games ???  Is he a forum regular or just a atari age poser?

I don't know. Even more curious is the disappearance of that "Ben" guy who mysteriously appeared to defend Retro-Games about a day after the auction ended.

No mystery "Thunderbird" - I'm still here. As I mentioned previously, I am usually just a casual observer of these forums.

On the subject of this thread, I am led to believe there are a large amount of brand new Jaguars here in the U.K., sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Around 18 months ago our biggest video games chain "Game" (http://www.game.uk.com) were selling them off at £15 ($25) a throw, boxed, sealed and brand new, with a load of different boxed and sealed games at prices from £5-£15 ($7.50-$20). They were also selling brand new boxed Lynx's at this time too.

They aren't doing them anymore unfortunately, but I have been told by a couple of people that there are a load of them just gathering dust somewhere as we speak. Luckily I got a couple at the time, and still have one unopened so I am sorted!

AHA...See I was right!

Alright, noone ruin this for me. :)

EB was doing them too - they're owned by the same parent company. They kept moving the stock around to suit demand tho, very little stayed in the South for long (and didn't get stocked much to start with either) as all the eBay people up North bought it to resell :x

I hope they start selling them again, anyway, they had some nice games on offer very cheaply :(

Stone

Yeah i forgot to add one more thing to my thoughts,After the whole ebay with repo games ordeal  and auction where is he now? gone like a fart in the wind.
were still around we just don't operate exclusively on the Jag.

If we felt we had something to contribute then we would chip in.

in the meantime were happy to take a back seat and catch up on the threads every now & then

I think that a big reason for the continuing development is that Atari has a big online community (AtariAge). And AtariAge also has helped many developers in selling their games (AA store). The production process has become easier too.

A big thanks to Alex, Albert, CPUWiz, and Tempest for making AtariAge what it is today :) .

Not to take anything away from AtariAge (it's my favorite site on the web), but the Jag community had a pretty strong following well before this site was up, let alone when they started supporting the Jag. It's really hard to pinpoint the exact reasons why the Jag community is so hardcore, but I'm sure none of us are complaining. :D

I was a diehard Jag fan long before I actually started looking into forums and such. I really can't explain why I fell in love with the Jag. I remember when I got my first Jag it was the best thing in the world to me. I spent many many hours playing my Jag. While people were playing their PSX and N64 I was loving my Jag. I never regretted not getting one of those systems instead (I have both now and the Jag still gets played more... the only system that gets more play is my XBox. The NES get's almost as much play as my Jag.) I think it is simply a great system that was way ahead of it's time. I always wanted to get new games to see if the limits were pushed harder on the Jag. As my collection grew larger I found myself buying games simply to add to it. I now have more Jag games then all my other consoles put together (I believe so at least. I guess I should compile a list of all the console games I have. I have to many.)

I think the Jaguar will always be a great system and will become a more desirable collector's item as time passes.

If we felt we had something to contribute then we would chip in.

I think you meant to say: "If we felt there was a profit involved we would chip in and then withdraw our contributions at the last minute against policy and then brag about being above the law."

and i think your trying to start a fight.

were not trying to avoid your point but this is old ground.

lets move on shall we :)

raven games also has them for £19.  I have a friend who has bought from them with no issue.

is that raven games in Beckenham?

if so that's not a million miles from us.

were they boxed new do you know?

yup, thats them http://www.ravengames.co.uk I think they are boxed new. I can ask my friend when I see him the box was still sealed

were not trying to avoid your point but this is old ground.

lets move on shall we  :)

Not uintil you rectify the travesty you perpetrated on the jaguar community as I recommended some time ago.

the 'travesty' was a matter of opinion and not everyone in the jag community agreed with it for or against.

this debate was well documented before and bringing it up again now will not change anything.

there is nothing else that can added that hasn't been said before and this is why i firmly believe it is not worth pursuing.

people can catch up on the 5 pages of locked topic if they wish to make up their own minds.

Yeah thunder nicely put.  Hey retro why dont u hook up  with  that SUJ ebayer and u can both can be bum buddies.

we've missed something.................

just so we can fully understand whatever insult it is your throwing at us what's the score with this SUJ ebayer? :ponder:

Enough, guys. The whole "Soul Star" issue is over and done with. Quit trying to revisit it in this thread.

our sentiments exactly -

this debate was well documented before and bringing it up again now will not change anything.  

there is nothing else that can added that hasn't been said before and this is why i firmly believe it is not worth pursuing.

Enough, guys. The whole "Soul Star" issue is over and done with. Quit trying to revisit it in this thread.

our sentiments exactly -

Of course you'd agree! If a criminal escaped prosecution, he would want the public to forget about him.

However, a smart criminal would probably leave town or at least lay low for a good long while, and not draw unnecessary attention to himself.

How smart are you?

"I will have the maximum please of kicking your ass." - The Immortal Minux from JI2

The whole "Maximum Please" issue is dead. Quite trying to inflame Minux Mike in every thread you post to.

Archived