IGNORED

Swords & Sorcery - by my dad (Sam Moore Jr.)

digdugnate

The name sounded familiar so I took a peek at the program. I remember seeing versions of this made into BBS game 'doors' once upon a time, for one or more systems. I may even have a version for the S&T BBS that is either online or sitting in the archives somewhere.

Your dad's program gave credit to Kilobaud so I searched and found this article archive, containing hints, background, and what seems to be the original program. Neat stuff!

https://archive.org/stream/kilobaudmagazine-1978-08/Kilobaud_1978_August_djvu.txt

• Like 4

Is this the same Sam Moore that did all the songs? He did quite a few of them! Is there a list of what he wrote? I used to chain those things on a disk back in high school and play them :)

It is! I could give you a partial list, but I don't think it would be 100% complete- but I'll provide what I have when I get home from the office today.

I have I think 20-odd songs maybe on a few disks at the house.

• Like 1

interesting, so this looks like a conversion of sorts! :) thanks for sussing out some more info on it.

I found the BBS version of the program. If I have time next week I'll try to put it online on Heatwave BBS. The variables and many of the line numbers are identical to your dad's, so it should run close or the same. Neat to finally know where this one came from.

• Like 1

so here's the list i have of the music songs- it'd take me a little bit to either find the original files i had or to source them again on whtech :)

I don't want to embarrass them, but someone super awesome on the forum converted these to diskette for me some time back. When I'm feeling super nostalgic I throw in Extended Basic and boot one of my disks up.

5TH, ALBUMLEAF, BERCEUSE, BIGCATBOOG, BOATSONG, BUGLEBOOG, BUMBLEBOOG, CHURCH, CSONATA, DOGGONEX

FORESTROSE, GRAYMOUSE, GUITAR, INTHEMILL, JUSTTHEWAY, KANGAROO, KILLINGME, MAPLELEAF, MASH4077, MOONLIGHT

MORNING, NOCTURNE, OOGIEBOOG, OPUS-23, OZMEDLEY, PUPPYTOWN, ROBOTBOOG, RONDO, SEABOTTOM

SENORITA, SILENCIA, SNOWSCENE, SPLENDORED, SUNDAYDRI, TIMEBOTTLE, VENUS, WESTERNBOO, WITCHDANCE, WITHLOVE, YESTERDAY

YOULIGHT

• Like 2

I remember quite a few of those.

In high school, before my Amiga days, I'd take a whole DSSD disk of these and chain them together. Killing Me Softly, Venetian Boat song, Puppy Town, and more. Also put perennial favorites such as Axel F and Beer Barrel Polka (and Pennsylvania Polka) in the mix as well. Mostly background music to do homework.

Most of mine came from IUG cassettes, then DTIHCG disks and downloads from places like 9640 News bbs.

We should put some DSSD images of these all chained together. I think I have some on my Tigercub disks.

Sent from my LG-V530 using Tapatalk

• Like 1