IGNORED

Goodbye (a thread for those who want to jump ship)

ramidavis

Why would I leave... I just got here :)

Beside this community has already help me in finding a PEB and answering my noob questions. I hope some day to be able to help another new user as I've been helped. In the mean time I'm learning a lot by just following the many TI related threads.

But I might add, that as much as I would like having a complete system, I don't really see a tape deck being part of my setup for the simple fact that finding a still working tape player is getting really hard. Most needs new belts which are also getting hard to find.

This! Not that the tape aspect isn't charming, it just doesn't do it for me- i bought one 'new in box' that promptly failed like a month after i purchased it ;)

I try to pay the community forward as much as I can, too, if anything just with moral support or being able to sniff out info/data/etc (or donate back to the community as I'm able)

If you're really hardcore and wanna use a TI emulation with Tape go with Mess/Mame ... having said that the latest version won't even boot on my computer (Pentium-4)

By the by. There's something for everyone here. I must admit though I don't take interest in some of the projects myself. Like on the facebook group when it notifies you that someone's posted onto it, you click to go there, and its a picture of a bunch of wires and a knackered PEB and some bloke asking why it won't work. That might interest someone , just not me.

Actually apart from using the compiler in classic99 I have pretty much the same interests as Ramidavis. I notice also that on his file he gave us, if you look in one of the folders called Basic, there's a game called Electron. Upon loading it I found it was a game I made last year. Quite sad really. He like some of the stuff I did and yet he's saying he's leaving due to polar opposites of interest.

Also, it's easy to just hook up a smartphone/computer via the audio jack and just use a .wav file version instead of the actual tape these days. I already have a PC under my desk that I use as a software repo for my Atari 130XE via an SIO2PC interface so it can also host, and will host, TI-99 software. I'm planing to hooked it up via RS232 to the TI until I can get my hand on a gotek or some other device.

• Like 1

One could also mention the development threads from @tibasic, games that do their best to push console BASIC to its limits. The biggest takeaway here is that we are like a herd of cats: unbelievably hard to control, but a lot of fun to be around. . .

i think the disparity is part of what makes it fun to participate and socialize here :) everyone is scattered to the four winds, but we all manage to sync up at some point (but sometimes at different times).

i'm a huge fan of information.

• Like 2

Apparently our solidarity is in our diversity of interests. This is good to see.

However, I'm going call what I saw, and say the thread on "TI Basic + sprite games" was extremely victimized by enthusiasm and blindness in every post. Including the 1st.

I would hope Ramidavis forgive us all and try again. That was just yesterday. Most of the time, it isn't like that. The holidays just make people crazy!

-M@

• Like 5

Apparently our solidarity is in our diversity of interests. This is good to see.

However, I'm going call what I saw, and say the thread on "TI Basic + sprite games" was extremely victimized by enthusiasm and blindness in every post. Including the 1st.

I would hope Ramidavis forgive us all and try again. That was just yesterday. Most of the time, it isn't like that. The holidays just make people crazy!

-M@

Eggnog overdose?

• Like 3