IGNORED

Active Telnet BBS's

9640News

Are you setting a BBS up on a Ti or Geneve or something else?

Right now, setting up on a PC with the mystic bbs software.

I definitely have the ability to set up multiple bbs's, but for the time being, I wanted to get something up and running with some significant file downloads with descriptions.

Beery

---- Channel 1 ----

Buadrage 2400, I/F mode 4c, Flow 02

Port 10001

Remote IP adr: ---- none---, port 00000

Connect mode: D6 Disconn Mode: 00

Flush Mode: 00

Beery, did you adjust your disconnect or flush modes per my earlier post? Flow 02 and Flow 00 have nothing to do with the Telnet handshake.

So, if you are not using DTR hangup, you should probably set your disconnect mode to "40" to ensure a Telnet handshake. Flush mode is probably ok at 00, but the BBS uses 77.

Also, try setting your UDS to port 23 in conjunction with the disconnect mode "40". It is possible that the Telnet connection is not sensed because you are using port 10001 to 'dial out'.

Also, you probably should disable your remote/web setup, or at least password protect it. Lantronix has a PDF manual that you can download which explains the various bitmap register settings.

Edited by InsaneMultitasker

Beery, did you adjust your disconnect or flush modes per my earlier post? Flow 02 and Flow 00 have nothing to do with the Telnet handshake.

So, if you are not using DTR hangup, you should probably set your disconnect mode to "40" to ensure a Telnet handshake. Flush mode is probably ok at 00, but the BBS uses 77.

Also, try setting your UDS to port 23 in conjunction with the disconnect mode "40". It is possible that the Telnet connection is not sensed because you are using port 10001 to 'dial out'.

Also, you probably should disable your remote/web setup, or at least password protect it. Lantronix has a PDF manual that you can download which explains the various bitmap register settings.

Just got your comments a few minutes ago. Will be back at it tomorrow checking some telnet things on the Geneve.

I was on Heatwave and saw PORTl77ARC. That looks to be a later version than the 0.60 version I am using. Did you find the 0.96 version, etc?

If V0.77 is out there, or another later version besides Heatwave where I can get it on a PC and move it around, please let me know.

Beery

Well, I got PORT V0.60 working with the UDS and downloading from both Heatwave and Fusion BBS. I had to set a Disconnect Mode setting to 40 and a Flush Mode to 77 per I believe Tim's instructions. That got things working.

However, that took Myterm out of way as far as talking to the UDS. I will need to see what those settings do on the RS232 communications so I can "fix" Myterm to be able to Telnet.

Beery

Well, I got PORT V0.60 working with the UDS and downloading from both Heatwave and Fusion BBS. I had to set a Disconnect Mode setting to 40 and a Flush Mode to 77 per I believe Tim's instructions. That got things working.

However, that took Myterm out of way as far as talking to the UDS. I will need to see what those settings do on the RS232 communications so I can "fix" Myterm to be able to Telnet.

Beery

Most likely the Disconnect Mode was the culprit. As for MyTerm, check your flow settings. Depending on your cable configuration, a flow setting of '02' can interfere with cts/rts operation from the UDS side.

I just ran Tim's PORT program, Version 0.60 Beta. His documents reference a difference cable connection for flow control, etc. Should I be using that cable configuration with the UDS-10?

Also, was there ever a newer update? Source released? I checked out whtech and saw nothing obvious over there.

Beery

I have verified the version of port I am using on my Geneve boots up and says v1.01R and the menu shows v0.9640

Attached is the disk image.

This looks familiar. I believe the configuration save routine is hard-coded to an HDS path instead of the current path; might need to sector edit that path (in one of the four XPOR? files) to save the config. The Macros operate on the current path. Dialer looks like it is broken. File transfers look OK but I didn't test the options. I did more work on PORT that isn't reflected here, I'll scan my platters for it when an opportunity comes up.

(I also noticed the title screen is not displaying - I don't know if someone sector edited and disabled it, or if I just forgot doing it 8 years ago. Time flies)

Edited by InsaneMultitasker