IGNORED

Black Background problem...

SPIKE

i have a couple of 2600's with the Ben Heckendorn A/V mod.

generally my games look ok but i just pulled out Adventure and discovered a problem....

all of the backgrounds are black!

is there something i did wrong withthe A/V mod?

it's not easy to see the Black Castle on a black background! :sad:

kinda like playing Adventure if it was at night.

(i think i have a new game idea! ..."Night Adventure"):P

anyways.........

i have two machines with the same mod and i have the same results.

even tested two TV's.

(and please forgive me if this was answered elsewhere but i couldn't find it in a forum search.)

thanks!!!!!

did you try running through the RF connection to test the game that way? I've been using his mod on my 2600 for a few months now and never had that problem! I'll give adventure a test today and see again, but I think it runs fine for me! I've got mine connected to a c64 1702 monitor, I find I get good picture with that, but when using this mod on a TV I get bad results! I think in my case I have poor quality POT's, but I"m not sure!

I get a rather fuzzy and unclean picture when using this mod with a TV! color and clerity is superb on my c64 monitor though! I'm still trying to figure it out! :)

ya, now I'm not an adventure fan,and I don't know what it SHOULD look like. Anyways all the levels had a grey background when I played it! I got to the black castle and it was visable in front of the grey background!

Sooo, I'm not exactly sure as to WHAT is causing the problem with your set-up! Would you be able to take some close-up shots of your mod so I can see what you've done! you make sure you used the right type of resistor or pots? this can make a big difference as in my case with my current pots...they suck and are causing me problems because I can't fine tune them! :(

I was thinking, if you wired your set-up wrong you might not be getting your luma information correctly, (I think it's the luma that dictates brightness.) Hmm....I need to learn more about this stuff! :P

Sorry for the long wait, to reply! I tend to forget stuff! :P

Archived