IGNORED

Flames & Nasty Jag Community (A Suggestion)

Atari_Owl

Not when they are purposely trolling for the purpose of hearing that kind of reaction. There's nothing subjective to that at all. Using retro-planet as an example won't prove your point either, as you were egging the fight on yourself.

Back to the whole point of the thread, though. Is it really too much to ask of people that they at least attempt to act like adults? The vast majority of AA seems to have no problem doing so. I don't know why so many people just in the Jaguar forum have such a hard time with it.

I think jag owners are used to defending the system to the death so I guess maybe it rubs off on everything else, they have to defend their opinions and thats where the arguments and flaming starts when someone doesnt agree with someone

Not when they are purposely trolling for the purpose of hearing that kind of reaction. There's nothing subjective to that at all. Using retro-planet as an example won't prove your point either, as you were egging the fight on yourself.

You don't see what I mean at all. You had seemed to say that it was okay to pick on people like Minux (i.e. use their own words to make fun of them) because they were trolls and were being annoying or looking for a fight.

Who's to decide who's deserving of attacks and who's not? I don't think it's wise to make a decision of that type for one case and then not another because who's opinion matters?

I say that retro-games is a troll, is annoying, and looks for fights and I think that everyone would be perfectly justified in picking on him relentlessly.

Since I agree that he deserves to be flamed, then it MUST be okay to do so by your reasoning with your insults on Minux.

Ahh, it wouldn't be a day without Thunderbird trying to twist someone's words against them... :D

Considering that there was no way of banning trolls on JI2, I think it was perfectly justified for us to express our displeasure with his trolling as ignoring him only made his trolling worse. Making fun of something he said was my own little way of doing so. Just because it's quite a memorable line doesn't mean that I'm being mean-spirited or ridiculing him by quoting that particular phrase in my sig.

You and retro-games, on the other hand, are an entirely different story. Both sides are equally guilty of fanning the flames. You're justified in your dislike of him, and I'm sure many would agree vice-versa. However, several differences between him and Minux exist:

* Minux was universally hated. retro-games isn't.

* Minux could do as he pleased on JI2. Trolls on here can't.

* Minux got worse the more you tried to ignore him. retro-games is on a board where it's possible to ignore a user in order to not have to deal with them.

Hopefully I've made my points perfectly clear, as I'm finished discussing this. Having said that, I'll leave you guys with a few tips:

* If you aren't sure whether or not your post is appropriate, don't post it.

* Respect others, and you will be respected back.

* Remember that not everyone will agree with everything you say. Such is life.

* The ignore button exists for a reason. Don't be afraid to use it.

...and most importantly....

* The Jaguar really IS a 64 bit system. :D

* The Jaguar really IS a 64 bit system.  :D

The jag isn't 64 bit and deep down in that heart of yours you know it. So just admit it is a fraud.

*N.B. this was an attempt at humor so don't flame me for it, I love my 64 bit Jag.* :D :wink: :P

What is a troll? What is flaming? Am I missing something here? Is this just more childish jargon used in here? Everytime u come in here it's the same arguing and fighting... It seems like everyone in here is very defensive for a reason? Who gives a rat's ass whether the jag is a 64 bit system or not? Enjoy the system for what it is, plain and simple...

* Minux was universally hated. retro-games isn't.

That's what makes him more dangerous to the Jaguar community. It's sneaky underhanded folks like that who smooth-talk people into supporting them, even though they are wrong and doing things which are wrong.

It would be as if someone came to AA and posted a bunch of curse words and encouraged others to do so in revolt against the moderators. Pretty soon he would start crying about his civil rights being interfered with and then a lot of well-meaning people would come to his aid and start bashing the moderators.

Even though he may be well liked and not universally hated, anything that can be done to prevent him from manipulating the nice folks on here would be a service to the community.

Minux is so bizarre that people generally ignore his ideas, but someone not like Minux could persuade people into doing harm. That is why he's so dangerous.

TBird, please dont take this as an attack or flame, but you have a superior-than-thou attitude and it causes a lot of arguments. I havnt read any of the recent flamewars and I dont think I have the faintest idea who retro gamer is, so I cant comment on how you behaved in them, but in your general posts for a long time now, you act extremely superior to everyone else.

Whilst I understand you try to be professional, and intelegent, informative, etc, it just comes out all wrong too often.

Oh, and what is most dangerous to any community, is when one pig decides he's more equal than another pig. I think we can all agree on that, cant we?

TBird, please dont take this as an attack or flame, but you have a superior-than-thou attitude and it causes a lot of arguments. I havnt read any of the recent flamewars and I dont think I have the faintest idea who retro gamer is, so I cant comment on how you behaved in them, but in your general posts for a long time now, you act extremely superior to everyone else.

I am a firm believer that behavior is dictated by the environment. If you look at some of the people who have chosen to cross me over the years, you'll understand perfectly how a "superior" attitude would form.

It cannot be helped.

I just wanted to add one thing:

Sauron is a hypocrite for locking threads for insulting and arguing, yet he continues to include insulting and inflammatory remarks in his tagline.

What purpose could this goading/taunting tagline serve?

Tell you what, Thunderbird. I'll change it so that I don't have to hear you constantly whine about it. However, I'd honestly like to know who else thinks it's insulting and inflammatory. My money is on you being the only one.

Sauron is a hypocrite for locking threads for insulting and arguing, yet he continues to include insulting and inflammatory remarks in his tagline.

Tell you what, Thunderbird. I'll change it so that I don't have to hear you constantly whine about it. However, I'd honestly like to know who else thinks it's insulting and inflammatory. My money is on you being the only one.

That's not the point.

I'm sure a lot of people would say it is okay for me to punch Madonna in the nose. But that hardly makes it legal, or right.

That's not the point.

I'm sure a lot of people would say it is okay for me to punch Madonna in the nose. But that hardly makes it legal, or right.

the only one that needs a punch in the nose is you tea-bird. the one that said youre acting superior is true...youre not god...nor a hero.

whats youre points anyway? you have lots of argue. retro=planet, me, ben, and the new moderator.

talking about tea......

is someone planned to make a chatbox for the atari community? if not. i can make one.

That's not the point.

Then what is the point? You think it's hypocritical for me to have a sig that apparently only bothers one person (you), yet you'll continue to flame away at retro-planet. If that is the case, you are also a hypocrite just for complaining about it.

I won't discuss this with you any longer. If you have any more complaints about me or any other moderators, I suggest that you take the issue up with the Als. They would be more than happy to address any concerns you might have. End of discussion.

I just thought it was funny, but maybe it's just me and Sauron here :)

BTW, maybe you should change it to 'Tbird doesn't like my old sig', since I doubt he objects so strenuously to this one ;)

Stone

Archived