IGNORED

sio2sd on atari 400

discgolfer72

Does your 400 have 48K? Not sure, but if it only has the original 8 or 16KB still, it might not work...

User tf_hh here on AtariAge makes a new single board upgrade that will take a 400 or 800 to 48 or even 52K ram:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267042-new-hardware-atari-400-ram-card-4852-kb-external-os-rom/

Edited by Nezgar
  • Like 1

Does your 400 have 48K? Not sure, but if it only has the original 8 or 16KB still, it might not work...

User tf_hh here on AtariAge makes a new single board upgrade that will take a 400 or 800 to 48 or even 52K ram:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267042-new-hardware-atari-400-ram-card-4852-kb-external-os-rom/

don't know someone traded 2 of them in at my store (he stated they were maxed out ) the other day , so I brought one home and have the other for sale

I have a 800xl on the way so don't really want to upgrade this machine since its going to the store as well once the 800xl shows up

is there a command using the basic cart check ram

I have the ultimate sd cart as well so its not a must to get the sio running on the 400

but really wanted to play around with the sio a bit so I'm ready to rock as soon as the 800 shows up

Edited by discgolfer72

don't know someone traded 2 of them in at my store (he stated they were maxed out ) the other day , so I brought one home and have the other for sale

I have a 800xl on the way so don't really want to upgrade this machine since its going to the store as well once the 800xl shows up

is there a command using the basic cart check ram

I have the ultimate sd cart as well so its not a must to get the sio running on the 400

but really wanted to play around with the sio a bit so I'm ready to rock as soon as the 800 shows up

PRINT FRE(0) will get you the RAM installed figure