IGNORED

anyone want to hold my hand and guide me thru nanopeb

discgolfer72

ok so got my nanopeb hooked up

and for the life of me I cant get it to run dsk programs (not even the cfmgr software

1st problem I have is running the pc based file manager

I'm running windows 10

all I get is a brief cmd window and then closes

(trying to confirm I even have the cfmgr software on the device )

on the ti99

when I try and run cfmgr from what I read I need to type

old dsk1.cfmgr

wen I do I get

warning

check program in memory

I/O error 50

I've read the manuals on the nanopeb website but not finding any info except how to change volumes

when I turn on the ti99 I get the proper boot screen but it also says nanopeb-f18 v1 so the peb Is seen

and using my flashrom99 I can run games that use the 32 k

Edited by discgolfer72

ok found ti99dir and now confirmed that volume 2 on the cf drive has cfhdx v12

guess ill try and mount volume 2 and load that

edit

ok used

call mount (1,2)

that's sposed to mount dsk1 volume 2 right

then to launch am I correct that

old dsk1.cfhdx_v12

should launch the program

I did than and now get I/O error 57

Edited by discgolfer72

It's been a while since I messed with my nano but one thing that helped me identify what I was doing is that I added an indexing program to all my DSK files via TI99DIR.
Open your nano DSK files and copy the attached program (zipped for upload) to each one.

This way, when you mount the DSK on the nano, say DSK1, then OLD DSK1.INDEXER then RUN, it will list the contents of the disk for you (after you input which DSK you want it to index). You can view the contents and see which one is actually mounted where and also get the exact names of the programs in that DSK file. Hope this helps.

I wish I used it more (mounting and such) so I could be more helpful. But I don't even have it connected anymore.

INDEXER.zip

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

If I remember right, if you mount volume 1 into dsk1 and then start Extended BASIC, the config program runs automatically. If you are trying to run it from TI BASIC, I'm not sure that's possible. There's also a CATALOG program on volume 1 that you can load from either BASIC and display the disk catalog without needing Disk Manager. I usually leave volume 1 mounted in dsk3 so that it doesn't take over Extended BASIC but the catalog program is always available.

The CFMGR and the CFHDXS1 files that I use are Editor/Assembler (EA) option 5 programs that are run with the EA cartridge. Choose "5. Run Program File" from the EA cartridge menu, then enter the disk and filename, ie "DSK1.CFMGR". Another option is just load the DM2K from the FinalGrom99 "TOOLS" menu. I can't recall if there is an XB load file that will load the CFMGR via XB.

ok so lol ive now gotten it to load a dir on the screen

ended up finding a prg on the vol 1 called catalog and got it to list the files

but now I'm wanting to add a dsk to the nano cf card

using ti99dir I cant seem to get the volume to stick

it copys it over then just shows a blank space

if I reload it just lists unformatted again

also can git it to add the indexer into any of the volumes

ok figured out the problem with adding dsk to the cf card the ones I downloaded were in pc 99 format had to convert them first

Edited by discgolfer72

Some of the programs that you are attempting to load require the E/A cartridge. Load and run the file "LOAD" on DSK1. It should load the CFMGR program. The is an OBJ file on Vol1 that the "LOAD" program will run assuming you have XB. To move TI software from the PC to the TI can be done with the CFHDXS1 E/A program or using the TiImage tool on the PC along with the CF card mounted on the PC.

Do you have the bin below on the SD card of your FlashRom???

CF2K_V2.4.bin CF2K v2.4

Edited by klrw111-78

Some of the programs that you are attempting to load require the E/A cartridge. Load and run the file "LOAD" on DSK1. It should load the CFMGR program. The is an OBJ file on Vol1 that the "LOAD" program will run assuming you have XB. To move TI software from the PC to the TI can be done with the CFHDXS1 E/A program or using the TiImage tool on the PC along with the CF card mounted on the PC.

Do you have the bin below on the SD card of your FlashRom???

CF2K_V2.4.bin CF2K v2.4

sorry had to go in to my store and finish up some arcade machines for Monday (working on my day off lol)

I'm still at my shop

but I do not have that file on my flash rom cart

I was trying to use CFHDXS32k8.bin I'm a newb to the ti99 lol

really just want to run some disk games from the peb don't really need to use it as a way to xfer software

ill grab that CF2K_V2.4.bin from the flashrom thread when I get home and load it up

how do I load up extended basic

can it be loaded from flashrom99

ps guys thanks for the help

the ti and peb is a bit more command based than the the floppy emus for the c64 , apple 2 , and I never had a ti as a kid we had the tandy

sorry had to go in to my store and finish up some arcade machines for Monday (working on my day off lol)

I'm still at my shop

but I do not have that file on my flash rom cart

I was trying to use CFHDXS32k8.bin I'm a newb to the ti99 lol

really just want to run some disk games from the peb don't really need to use it as a way to xfer software

ill grab that CF2K_V2.4.bin from the flashrom thread when I get home and load it up

how do I load up extended basic

can it be loaded from flashrom99

ps guys thanks for the help

the ti and peb is a bit more command based than the the floppy emus for the c64 , apple 2 , and I never had a ti as a kid we had the tandy

I suggest you take a look at the TI99 FAQ pinned near the top of this forum. In a nutshell, a TI file PROGRAM file can be a BASIC, XBASIC, or an E/A image file. Basic PROGRAM files can be loaded by BASIC or EXTENDED BASIC, but not vice versa. E/A opt 5 PROGRAMS are memory images saved by a utility that can be reloaded with the proper loader program. With a FLASHROM you can run software that has been converted to work like a cartridge rom. XB has GROM which is not emulated with the FLASHROM. The FINALGROM99 emulates both ROM and GROM. I don't have a FINALROM, but I see there is a bin for EAII. It should allow you to load the E/A image files, but anything requiring XB won't work without a XB cartridge of some sort (XB,RXB,XBsuite,etc) or a FINALGROM 99.

I suggest you take a look at the TI99 FAQ pinned near the top of this forum. In a nutshell, a TI file PROGRAM file can be a BASIC, XBASIC, or an E/A image file. Basic PROGRAM files can be loaded by BASIC or EXTENDED BASIC, but not vice versa. E/A opt 5 PROGRAMS are memory images saved by a utility that can be reloaded with the proper loader program. With a FLASHROM you can run software that has been converted to work like a cartridge rom. XB has GROM which is not emulated with the FLASHROM. The FINALGROM99 emulates both ROM and GROM. I don't have a FINALROM, but I see there is a bin for EAII. It should allow you to load the E/A image files, but anything requiring XB won't work without a XB cartridge of some sort (XB,RXB,XBsuite,etc) or a FINALGROM 99.

yea I just got home and loaded the EA2 but still stuck

looks like I need to wait until arcadeshopper has the finalgrom before I can load any disk games from the nanopeb ugg

or pony up the 70$ on feepay for the only listed ea cart

out of the 7 old computers sitting here in front of me the ti99 has to be the biggest P.I.A(and most expensive ) one to run floppy games ever lol

with the cost of a flashrom 99 , nanopeb , and now a finalgrom99 I should have just bought a real peb and bought the floppy based game lol

yea I just got home and loaded the EA2 but still stuck

looks like I need to wait until arcadeshopper has the finalgrom before I can load any disk games from the nanopeb ugg

or pony up the 70$ on feepay for the only listed ea cart

out of the 7 old computers sitting here in front of me the ti99 has to be the biggest P.I.A(and most expensive ) one to run floppy games ever lol

with the cost of a flashrom 99 , nanopeb , and now a finalgrom99 I should have just bought a real peb and bought the floppy based game lol

Back in the day, the $50 computer needed a cassette recorder ($40), needed command modules ($30 to $99 each), needed XB ($99), then realized need 32k and PEB ($500+ shipping). Printer ($200). Next needed a second drive -- replace DSSD with 2 half-height DSSD ($99 ea). Next DSDD controller card ($200). Much better now... Which games are you trying to run??

Back in the day, the $50 computer needed a cassette recorder ($40), needed command modules ($30 to $99 each), needed XB ($99), then realized need 32k and PEB ($500+ shipping). Printer ($200). Next needed a second drive -- replace DSSD with 2 half-height DSSD ($99 ea). Next DSDD controller card ($200). Much better now... Which games are you trying to run??

anything at this point lol

https://www.99er.net/sftware.html

grabbed a few dsk files from there and converted them from pc99 using ti99dir

they show um in ti99dir on the cf card

butt getting errors when trying to load

ok made some progress

https://youtu.be/ifpfDCJ4Abo

guess not lol

idk I got the xlander game to load one time then after restart I get that bad name error

tried reloading a fresh copy of the dsk and still no luck oh well

guess just going to play flashfrom99 games until I can get a finalgrom so I can load xbasic

edit 2 ok freaking figured out why I was getting errors

arggggggggggg

once I pulled out my novarone switcher it started loading the ti basic games just fine

https://youtu.be/MERPleld3yY

Edited by discgolfer72

ok all I think I have it loading some things

at least a start lol

looks my initial problem was

1 stupid keyboard was dirty and so I was getting double presses

2 the novarone 3 cart adaptor mixed with flash rom 99 was giving me errors

3 now that I figured out how to copy Sinphaltimus indexer program (thanks)to the dsk files I can see whats on them as I'm on the pc

• Like 1