IGNORED

WiModem232 and emulated disk space

9640News

I was just reading on CBMStuff about the WiModem232. There is an additional 3MB of on board storage that has the potential to use for storing and retrieving files. Sounds like Jeff is getting close to releasing a SDK so that anyone who wants to write a driver for their system could then emulate that memory as a hard drive or large floppy drive.

I would expect an extremely small number of Geneve users would utilize this, however TI-99/4A users would likely see more benefit. The only way I see that it could be implemented on a TI-99/4A would be to add code to the existing TI RS232 DSR or code addition to the HDX???. I'm not sure if the TI RS232 card has a socketed DSR chip or not. Downside is, transfer speed would be extremely slow since it would be only serial transfer. Might have some benefits for file storage for BBS's, I guess one could even load BBS software onto it, and run a decent BBS from it.

Just food for thought.

Beery

• Like 4