IGNORED

Does anyone have a cocktail style 2600 console for home?

rickb20

rickb20, what I am about to say is true. When I was about 11 years old, my family went on a trip to Mexico and in this one little town called Leon we went to had an arcade called the Invaders and they had home made arcade cabinets with Atari 2600 units inside of them and controllers mounted on the top them with TV sets in for monitors. The arcade had Atari Boxing, space Invaders, Break out, Combat and a few others and these machines ran on Peso's

:!: :ponder: :!:

• 3 weeks later...

I've just begun reading about emulation and downloadable ROMs but don't know enough to actually do this yet.  I may delay building a cabinet until I know more about this subject.  It would be great to be able to play EVERY 2600, 5200, 7800 or arcade on this same cabinet.

well me being the computer nerd that i am, this can be done almost as easy as your first idea. youd need to get a cheapy computer at a garage sale or somthing, or if u have an old one that u dont use any more. find out the biggest hard drive you can put in there at fill the baby up. thats just the start youd need to have joysticks, switches so maybe this will be even more of a chalanging idea. both are a great idea either way. my dad is a carpenter.... hmmm

I've been accumulating various components needed to build my cabinet.

I was given some folding particle board tables...some are 3/4" thick, others are 1/2" thick. A couple of days ago I stopped and scooped up someone's trash by the side of the road - 3/4" plywood, 1/2" particle board, etc, etc.

The other day I put dibs on an old video game cabinet at work that no longer functions. The cabinet comes with 2 joysticks and 6 buttons. It's complete in all respects.

I've collected several other pieces/parts to go toward this project. I plan on building it on a shoestring budget, so it might take me a few months to collect all the resources.

Rick

I'm just waiting on a few more supplies for my tabletop project. All of the wood has been cut and varnished! Very nice looking! I also have a piece of Plexiglass to cover the screen.

I also have to wait for the screen and my order from Happs Controls!

After I get those in... I'll be finishing up my project!

Pictures galore.. when that happens.

Archived