IGNORED

Anyone Have A Supra Microport-XL?

DavidMil

Anyone have a Supra Microport-XL board? I found mine yesterday (won't say where), and all I have with the board is the 50 pin

XL buss connector and the Owners Manual. It says that you need a 120V to 9V DC power supply but doesn't give any current specs.

I was hoping that someone might have one or remember how many milliamps. I can't imagine it needing more that 2000, but I thought

I'd better ask.

Also found my old MCT MOD-MEP-4A Eprom burner. Complete with cable, floppy disk, and old ISA card. Brought it down, put it in

my old DOS PC, booted it up, loaded the software (I was holding my breath on that), and It works! Very cool!

I had a friend that had an ATR8000 (many years ago), and he asked me to look into upgrading his. When I got a faxed copy of

the prices, my friend decided he'd stay with what he had. Here's why (see attached):

post-47264-0-19625200-1516583340_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-91427800-1516583348_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-31380900-1516583361_thumb.jpg

Edited by DavidMil
  • Like 2

Very cool catalog. Is that all the pages? Good stuff to scan and upload to archive.org if not there already.

It wasn't a catalog, it was just the upgrade costs that they faxed me. Those three sheets are all I have. I can't imagine why I saved it.

Maybe it was because I was shocked by the prices...

David

Anyone have a Supra Microport-XL board? I found mine yesterday (won't say where), and all I have with the board is the 50 pin

XL buss connector and the Owners Manual. It says that you need a 120V to 9V DC power supply but doesn't give any current specs.

I was hoping that someone might have one or remember how many milliamps. I can't imagine it needing more that 2000, but I thought

I'd better ask.

Also found my old MCT MOD-MEP-4A Eprom burner. Complete with cable, floppy disk, and old ISA card. Brought it down, put it in

my old DOS PC, booted it up, loaded the software (I was holding my breath on that), and It works! Very cool!

I had a friend that had an ATR8000 (many years ago), and he asked me to look into upgrading his. When I got a faxed copy of

the prices, my friend decided he'd stay with what he had. Here's why (see attached):

I don't see any need for more than 1A and probably can get away with .5 to .8 okay. ie 9V DC .8A wall wart with a barrel connector positive center connector. The trick is the inside/outside diameter of the plug.

The manual does not give a part # for the power jack. Based on the kit I got from Best Electronics the inside diameter of the plug should be 2.1mm and the outside around 5.5/6mm.

If someone else has built the board up, they might have an exact part # that not only fits the pcb footprint, but also allows you to purchase the wall wart with the correct inside/outside plug diameter.

DSC_2594.jpg

DSC_2596.jpg

Mr. Atari said he thinks that 1500 milliamps is correct (if I attach a heat sink to the Voltage regulator). That's good enough for me.

In the manual there is a demo circuit and program that will burn a 2764 chip. I believe that chip requires 12.5V for programing.

Thus I was thinking a higher current might be needed, but I see in the parts list for this burner that it requires four 9V batteries.

See attached photo:

David

PS.

sorry for the angle, please don't dislocate your necks looking at it.

DM

Supra EPRM Burner Parts.pdf

Edited by DavidMil
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After adding all the components from the manual I tried to wire wrap a few connections. As I suspected, either the connections have

deteriorated over the years or they were very cheap from the get-go. Two of the eyelets popped right out. I'm not against wire wrapping,

heaven knows I've done my share of it, but using a solderless breadboard is a lot easier. So here is my finished product.

Now I just have one problem..

I sold both of my 800XL's! I do have a 800XL motherboard, there is just not a single component in it. Anyway, here is what I started with

and what I ended up with.

DavidMil

post-47264-0-94495300-1518066966_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-00750200-1518066974_thumb.jpg

• Like 3