IGNORED

[Dracula Man mini-game/demo] Looking for interested 7800 programmer?

Fragmare

So, I'm working on covering a chiptune by Jake 'Virt' Kaufman called 'Dracula Man Alpha X2 Turbo' on the POKEY. It's basically just what it sounds like... a Mega Man/Castlevania mashup tune with some unmistakably "Virt" aspects. Anyway, I started fiddling around with some 7800 spec graphics to go along with it. I got far enough to where, I think it would make a pretty fun and impressive little mini-game, if finished. And possibly not be that difficult to program. It would essentially just be a Mega Man style, one-room, boss battle showdown, but would feature Castlevania characters, instead. There would also be Street Fighter style life bars in the HUD, at the top of the screen. If anyone here has any interest in programming something like this, let me know either in this thread or via PM. I would be supplying all the pixel art, POKEY music, TIA sound effects and telemetry data to make it as easy as possible on whoever is doing the coding. ;)

Here are a couple of 7800-spec mock-ups... one animated. one not.

Dracula_Man_Boss_Room01d.gif

u9xgil0.png

Link to Jake's original Dracula Man Alpha X2 Turbo chiptune:

• Like 3

Programmers tend to have their own projects, so it's normal for other people's ideas to be ignored - no matter how pretty the mock ups.

However, if you have skillz making POKEY (or TIA) chiptunes, then I am sure there are lots of programmers who would really appreciate your help adding music to their projects.

• Like 1

Programmers tend to have their own projects, so it's normal for other people's ideas to be ignored - no matter how pretty the mock ups.

However, if you have skillz making POKEY (or TIA) chiptunes, then I am sure there are lots of programmers who would really appreciate your help adding music to their projects.

Eh, it was a long shot anyway. I can make TIA/POKEY music, but I'm way better at pixel art and animation. No one has contacted me about doing either for any Atari projects, so I guess nobody wants any chiptunes or pixel art for their projects, at least from me... I'd make a post offering my services for music/graphics, but I'm sure that post would be cricketsville too...

Yeah, fat mode is a pain to create sprite work in. Those are really pretty. I'd take you up, but I'm a sprite guy too. I'd love to get a programmer for my UN Squadron 7800 project or a Section Z/Pariodius mash up. Just because I want flying penguins on the 7800. Still any attempt to bring Castlevania or Mega Man to 7800 needs to be applauded! GREAT STUFF! :)

• 4 months later...

I wonder if the graphics guys (and girls?) should put up a page/post - which says - this is what I have done - already - some samples - and those who are OK with it - can then say - I'm OK with working as a team - since it's not about egos - but producing the best possible.

Then maybe you'll get some programmers interested in making use of such talent?

Harvey

Hi,

i just begin with some projects on the A7800, before i write for the vtech Creativision , in the past for the Atari Falcon.

The A7800 is a great console and i think will bring ne fun to develop for.

What i want to say is that i need soon help with the graphics because this i cannot.

Regards

Mike