IGNORED

An interesting find...

DavidMil

Well, here is something you won't see every day (I think). When I got this I was told that it came off of a machine in the board shop at Atari

in the USA. I was told that this roll was on the assembly line when the product they were making reached it's end of production life. I'm not

sure if I believe that now that I know more about the guy that sold it to me in the 80's. But it is definitely Atari, and it makes for a good story.

As you can see from the picture below a lot of the through hole components are coming loose as the tape has dried out. The roll has a very

un-Atari like number, but I was wondering if anyone might have any idea, short of looking up the components and trying to match them to a

specific Atari product, what they were might have been making.

DavidMil

post-47264-0-39071900-1516856991_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-46768200-1516857003_thumb.jpg

post-47264-0-88455600-1516857012_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Have to wonder just how much it'd cost to bundle varied components like that vs just individual rolls for each type.

Also have to wonder is the end user some sort of automated pick and place machine or a human?

What might be interesting is if you can compile a list of what's on it, no doubt there's probably a repeating sequence that might be anything from 20 to 100 long.

The part # - possibly it appears in some product service manual, maybe part of the BOM. But what product is it for - might be 400, 800, an XL or XE, an ST or maybe a peripheral

Edited by Rybags