IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Problem Solving is Hard

RSS Bot

Sometimes when you're making a game, some problem shows up during testing, but you have no idea what triggers it. Until you notice it and something clicks in your head. This is what happened to me last night. But unfortunately, that is the easy part.

The very hard part is trying to STOP the problem from happening. You try various things and nothing works out. So in a last ditch effort, instead of trying to solve the problem, instead you try to have the problem never happening. This is what I had to do in this case.

Woke up at 2pm, and have been coding for the last 3 hours. I can't believe it's been 3 hours, but I guess time flies when you're trying to have problems never happen. I was asleep for about 13 hours last night. Went to bed at about 1am. I need a new clock. I can't tell which hand is the shorter one. Just waking up and having blurry vision from just getting up magnifies the problem.

I am having quite the hard time with 2600 assembly. I couldn't do this particular project in batari Basic because I needed the ball to be a different color than the playfield. And also, I'm having a hard time trying to get random numbers. The code is there, but I guess I need to work on it some more. The problem is missile1's x position goes off the screen. I don't know why since it's not supposed to be above 137.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14525-problem-solving-is-hard/