IGNORED

Problem with a 2600... AGAIN!!!

Giltygear

Hi, it's the guy with the faulty 2600...

I cleaned the carts, and it did nothing. I opened the system up, to try to get at the cartridge unit itself, and quickly decided that anything i tried to do would most likely do more harm than good, so i decided not to tamper with the insides, simply because i have no idea of what to do to clean the cartridge slot in the system

Is there any way to actually go about cleaning that part of the unit, or am i better off saying "screw it," toss the damn thing, and start looking for a new one?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! :? :? :? :?

Cleaning the cart slot is not hard. If I remeber right it has a dust door, you just need to put a small screwdrive in the slot on either side of the cart connector to open the door. To clean the cart you can wrap a piece of paper towel around a thin piece of cardboard, wet this with alchohol and use that to clean the slot.

Also make sure all the chips on the circuit board are seated properly. You can do this by putting the circuit board on a flat surface with a towel underneath for padding, then push down on each chip.

If you plan to throw it out anyway, you have nothing to loose by trying!

Dan

Archived