IGNORED

Atari Jaguar CD VLM

midwest_cdn

Anyways after patiently waiting for a jag cd to come my way, I finally got one (Thanx Kung fu guy ;) .And yes I played all the jag cd games I had and for some reason the games dont impress me. But on a bright note the VLM is without a doubt worth the cost of the jag CD.Also is there anyone on the boards who could supply me with some games that were never released? I know i need a bypass cart and am willing to plunk down the coin for one, but without any games I am SOL, and doesnt seem worth the purchase.

You should pick up Protector SE - great game - plus it has the bypass.

It also comes with the Native demo - worth seeing.

None of the Jag CD games are very impressive.

VidGrid is a decent game and worth owning - great early 90's mix of music videos with a puzzle twist.

Dragon's Lair is a decent port of the arcade game.

The only other CD game I'd recommend is Battlemorph, 'specially if you liked Cybermorph.

Iron Soldier 2 is decent, but it can be had on cartridge.

Caves of Fear is a decent demo - leaves you jonesin' for a full version.

I haven't seen White Ice Black Noise or American Hero, but those 2 are supposed to be worth checking out.

L8A!

Gregg

I think some, if almost all were impressive in certain ways, and i think all of em were great :)

Primal Rage is a great version, even tho the characters are smaller than the original.

Highlander is a great xample of the kind of graphix the JagCD can produce, sure the characters werent that great lookin, but a lesson was learned im sure and if there was part 2 im positive things wouldve been different :)

I enjoy VidGrid alot, and even the FMV games like Space Ace and so on. Sure they arent perfect frame-rate games, but i thought they did agood job at the time. At least it doesnt pause inbetween scenes like the 3DO version :)

all the rest are great too :)

but thats just me :)

Anyways after patiently waiting for a jag cd to come my way, I finally got one (Thanx Kung fu guy ;) .And yes I played all the jag cd games I had  and for some reason   the games dont impress me. But on a bright note the VLM is without a doubt worth the cost of the jag CD.Also is there anyone on the boards who could supply me with some games that were never released? I know i need a bypass cart and am willing to plunk down the coin for one, but without any games I am SOL, and doesnt seem  worth the purchase.

I think you can still buy the Scatologic Demo CD that T-bird put together. Head to the Battlesphere home page and check it out. If you can find Battlesphere Gold on e-bay or from someone it's included for free.... :)

In addition, I think Clint at Ambient Distortions will still take your order for Black Ice, White Noise.

Jason

yeah jay smith i hear u, but unfortunely i cant find a copy of battlesphere gold.I really want to play it hard core, as it sounds like it is the best jag game.It not like I do not have the cash , but paying up to 300 bux is to extreme for the game on ebay.Some one please sell me a BS gold ! LMAO

Sod that for a laugh midwest_cdn...$300 gets me a Hyper Neo 64 with all 4 games :D

Now there's a collector's piece - 7 games ever released, one of which is a gun game (so can't be played as its motherboard differs, allowing connection of the guns), and two of which are driving games that need motherboard extensions for pedals and wheel. So you can only use the 4 games, and you can get them all with your motherboard for one low low price :lol:

I feel better getting some serious hardware for my cash though, I think I'd be underwhelmed by spending $300 on 'just another Jag game' when I could get 15 kilos of arcadey goodness for the same price :D

Review of one of the games here, huge hardware review with nice pics [in german] here.

Have fun! :)

Stone

yeah jay smith i hear u, but unfortunely i cant find a copy of battlesphere gold.I really want to play it hard core, as it sounds like it is  the best jag game.It not like I do not have  the cash , but paying up to 300 bux is to extreme for the game on ebay.Some one please sell me a BS gold ! LMAO

I could swear I saw Micah Rowe selling a copy on Jaguar Interactive II the other day for $175. I might have the wrong guy, but I know that was what he was asking for pricewise.

I thought Highlander was good, but the frame rate was horrible

Agree, the slowness in the frame rate was frustrating at times. Also, it was a challenge to get going in the game. But once you got a weapon I think the game really picks up. Once you get into Highlander game, it's a lot of fun. IMHO.

Glenn

I thought Highlander was good, but the frame rate was horrible

Agree, the slowness in the frame rate was frustrating at times. Also, it was a challenge to get going in the game. But once you got a weapon I think the game really picks up. Once you get into Highlander game, it's a lot of fun. IMHO.

Glenn

That slowness is pretty sad when you consider how little is actually being rendered in each frame. :-(

Oh yeah games I have played so far

blue lighting

primal rage

baldies

myst

hover strike

And the jem i played last and love the best VIDGRID

Yes vidgrid rox, of course i didnt really care for it till they had some jimi hendrix tunes.That alone scored it a hit in my books.I think it pretty good they actually have some reputable bands other, than 2 good bands, and the rest we have never heard about.

Yes vidgrid rox, of course i didnt really care for it till  they had some jimi hendrix tunes.That alone scored it a hit in my books.I think it pretty good they actually have some reputable bands other, than 2 good bands, and the rest we have never heard about.

Just the two good bands? I'd heard of all of them bar Peter Gabriel and Van Halen before...guess it just depends on what you're used to listening to :)

Personally I thought the choice of tracks was pretty good, obviously the coders had a certain amount of taste to include Ozzy :D

Stone

There are only 3 network capable games... Doom, which is only 2 player capable, via a standard Jaglink, AirCars, which I think does 8 players, via CatBoxes, JagLink2's, or (to quote Edge) "The unfortunatly named Scatbox", and BattleSphere, which I think supports up to 16 machines, with 2 people on each machine for a total of 32 players... I think, again, using Catboxes or "the unfortunatly named Scatbox". All 3 games are on cartridge.

There are only 3 network capable games... Doom, which is only 2 player capable, via a standard Jaglink, AirCars, which I think does 8 players, via CatBoxes, JagLink2's, or (to quote Edge) "The unfortunatly named Scatbox", and BattleSphere, which I think supports up to 16 machines, with 2 people on each machine for a total of 32 players... I think, again, using Catboxes or "the unfortunatly named Scatbox". All 3 games are on cartridge.

I think the unfortunately named Tyrant is right. There are no other games out there which network directly. The unfortunately named Tyrant missed the fact that Ultra Vortek will also network if you have a pair of Jaguar Voicemodems to play with.

I think the unfortunately named Tyrant is right. There are no other games out there which network directly. The unfortunately named Tyrant missed the fact that Ultra Vortek will also network if you have a pair of Jaguar Voicemodems to play with.

the unfortunately t-bird doesnt know that Tyrant probaly was talking about the unfortunatly name "scatbox" which can unfortunatly be confused with "catbox"

the unfortunately t-bird doesnt know that Tyrant probaly was talking about the unfortunatly name "scatbox" which can unfortunatly be confused with "catbox"

I was quoting this months Edge magazine in the "unfortunatly named" thing and I believe they were making fun of the name since afaik "scat" is another word for poo-poo :P.

The event [JagFest UK] also promises networked gaming in the shape of Jaguar games Battlesphere and Aircars, which will provide a way of showing off two new peices of Jaguar networking hardware - the Jaglink2 and the unfortunately named Scatbox.

I was quoting this months Edge magazine in the "unfortunatly named" thing and I believe they were making fun of the name since afaik "scat" is another word for poo-poo :P.

The event [JagFest UK] also promises networked gaming in the shape of Jaguar games Battlesphere and Aircars, which will provide a way of showing off two new peices of Jaguar networking hardware - the Jaglink2 and the unfortunately named Scatbox.

hahahahahhahahahahahahahhhhahahhahah.

Didn't you know that "Scat" is a form of Jazz singing?

Also, were you aware that "Catbox" is the U.S. terminology for the container that is used for pet cats to go to the bathroom in.

"Edge" needs to lighten up and recognize a joke when they see one!

Im not a fan of Jazz, and a Catbox being a Litter Tray is something I've never heard in the UK before.

Wow, yeah everyone here uses the word catbox for their cats...um.."depository" :D lol. I was talking to someone from Europe earlier today who had never heard of ESPN! :ponder:

Archived