IGNORED

Xenophobe - It looks sooo good but....

BillRocket

Evening guys,

I'm new here, but not to gaming (sh*t, I'm 30!!!)

Recently picked a woody from ebay - "memories" - Also got a copy of Xenophobe....mint....in box...AND still sealed.

Fair enough, it was cheap, but was this born 20 years ago, recently rescued from some dusty warehouse and sold on.. :ponder:

I've noticed quite a few others on there too - are these the same "hard to find" copies described in the rarity guide right here??

Anyway, if anyone can roughly tell me what to consider and what NOT to entertain, I'd be ever grateful...

(My son - "But why??? You can get a PS2 for the same money?!?!"....."Let me tell you a story son.....")

Cheers chaps

Welcome to AA!

Since you live in the UK, I'm assuming your copy of Xenophobe is PAL. The PAL version is much more common than the US version, and is on ebay much more frequently. NTSC Xenophobe is rated a 7, the PAL version is probably around 4/5.

Exactly what I was looking for. I've noticed Ebay seems to be full of these riches. Ebay aside - are there any forums here that discussed/are discussing good places for Atari merchandise? Old retro gaming goodies?

I've looked at a few but haven't really found much info. Even in the States - I have friends over there.

Cheers King. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what things are like in the U.K.

In theory, thrift shops, flea markets, and yard sales are a good place to find games in the States, although in my somewhat limited attempts to do so in the Atlanta area, I've had no luck.

eBay is a mixed blessing. It's a sure-fire way to find stuff, but it lacks some of the thrill of discovery, and the prices are rarely as good as they could be if you stumbled on something "in the wild." Unfortunately, "the wild" doesn't exist so much anymore, because I think most of the aforementioned 3 sources for games have learned that they can make more money selling on eBay! (So either they do that, or they keep the games but inflate the prices to what they think they'd be able to get on eBay.)

I here good things about boot sales, though scores tend to be more for SMS stuff.

There's always sites selling Atari stuff, even brand new. I'm sure AA has a link to O'Sheas somewhere. 'Course, those would be in NTSC.

Ebay has pretty much killed Atari around here, the only video game related item I've found this yard sale season is a few Genesis games, none of which I wanted.

If you want the stuff cheap, keep trying boot sales/thrift shops. You're bound to get something good sooner or later, and the stuff that would be rare here is more common in the UK, you got lucky there :D .

Evening guys,

I'm new here, but not to gaming (sh*t, I'm 30!!!)

Don't sweat it dude, I'll be 29 in a few weeks and aside from a few cool young gamers like IceCold and Miqorz, not many of us are spring chickens around here - but there's no age-ism here either way! :D

Welcome to AA!  

Since you live in the UK, I'm assuming your copy of Xenophobe is PAL. The PAL version is much more common than the US version, and is on ebay much more frequently. NTSC Xenophobe is rated a 7, the PAL version is probably around 4/5.

I´d say it´s more a 2 or 3 , at least in Germany.I once had bought 100 sealed copies and they had many more.Probably thousands ...

You know ATARI really mass-produced some games,this was cheaper than making only a few.

Thimo

Archived