IGNORED

Redeemable gold points for digital games coming soon

Punisher5.0

I think it's BS that these points expire. Especially what it costs to get them...

Also--It takes a while to use them because the Nintendo rewards program typically sucks and has little to offer. I remember the predecessor on the Wii was always out of the good stuff. Still want that gold nunchuck haha..

post-38373-0-68919700-1518445516_thumb.jpg

Club Nintendo...that's what it was. Man I hated that program. I got a few good digital game copies out of it, and a Zelda soundtrack CD I think, but there was NEVER anything good in stock for more than a few minutes. Junk. They need to revamp these programs to actually drive sales, which they could be.

The best thing I ever got out of Club Nintendo were some of the expensive(in coins) little trophies. I ended up ditching the Luigi's Mansion 2 one as the game ended up just sucking, but I have the other with the whole Mario crew on there along with that cool ? block box and I really like the detailing on that one. That aside, it was nothing but digital filth or expiration of coins for the most part. The exceptions being that fantastic Ball Game & Watch (still have it) and also the couple of overly minimalist DS Game & Watch 1 and 2 packages.

• 2 weeks later...

Well crap! I didn't know they expired.

You don't really get many Gold Coins as is, and now I am going to lose 20 of them before the end of the month... A lot of their rewards aren't that great either. :(

Anybody want a 20-30 gold item off My Nintendo?

I'm fine redeeming and sending the code. I just can't find anything that's worth it for me, and I'll lose the coins on the 28th as is.

FYI at this amount, it's mostly discounts on various titles. There's a few themes as well I think for this amount.

Edited by KeeperofLindblum

• 2 weeks later...

They need to fix it as that's just insulting. Given they screw people who buy physical where you get like 12gold vs 60gold on a physical vs digital $60 purchase. So if you give up ownership rights and keep buying $60 games you get $6 off I guess so it's like 10 games to get 1 free or physical games you're at 5x that value which is pointless.

Yeaaaah this was definitely a huge letdown. Honestly I think all the current rewards are pretty big letdowns, so this is just like the icing on the shit cake.

The best you can do are a few free titles that cost a HUGE number of gold coins. (Non-Switch titles. Only 3DS and WiiU.)

Also, my understanding was only 5% coins for digital purchase? You get 1% coins for physical ones? Maybe I am misunderstanding, but I'd also say they didn't explain it very well.

They need to fix it as that's just insulting. Given they screw people who buy physical where you get like 12gold vs 60gold on a physical vs digital $60 purchase. So if you give up ownership rights and keep buying $60 games you get $6 off I guess so it's like 10 games to get 1 free or physical games you're at 5x that value which is pointless.

It's actually only $3 off a $60 game. You are better off preordering on Amazon and getting the bigger discount and getting a physical game.

Yup I messed the math up there. Either way, they're both more or less equally insulting looking in to how much you have to spend to just get back 1 penny worth of money towards a game.

I think I'll just keep cashing out my physical buys and if some less than useless something comes around before they expire happens I'll use them and if not, they can rot. I see no reason to get angry over their stupid setup as I've got enough things to mess with as it is. Either way though it's just not right acting like that's a big deal when it's anything but.

If nintendo was intending to woo people to buying digital, then yeah this is both insulting and counter productive to their goal.

Personally their proposed plan will have zero effect on my buying habits, including making me decide to get a cross-platform game on the switch due to gold coins.

It won't phase me either, but I'm also not going to put any effort into caring about the points or losing them too as at a penny of value they're nearly pointless to acknowledge. It's my one modern system outside of my PC so I won't stop buying the things that come along here and there I wish to play.

• Like 1