IGNORED

5200 Boxed games.....Gotta get 'em all!!

Brad2600

Well..the feeling didn't evaporate even after I took off the shrinkwrap!

I won a copy of Super Cobra online and it came in the mail today in perfect condition..just as advertised on EBay!

It's not a bad game. It reminds me of Moon Patrol in some ways.

Anyone know what it's like to open a brand new boxed 5200 game?

Yeah, I won an auction a couple of years ago, it was a used 5200 and about 8 sealed games (all commons).

The shrinkwrap stuck to me too much though, as I ripped it off and threw it away, and then crushed the boxes...

Felt nice to open those games though... :D

I won a copy of Super Cobra online and it came in the mail today in perfect condition..just as advertised on EBay!

I have 32 unopened 5200 games. That's not counting the 6 I opened last years or the 50+ I bought when the system was new. :D

I have 17 boxed 5200 games so far and I don't keep shrinkwrap on them cuz it warps over time and that can ruin the boxes. I have a few boxes that seem to have been ruined by warping from shrinkwrap.

It's good enough for me..to keep the games boxed and with instructions/overlays/etc.

Here are my boxed Atari 2600 games. :D

Seriously, the 5200 I got from a coworker is lucky to be alive after what I had to do to clean it and get it working. No boxes were left intact. :( I have quite a few boxed 2600 titles, though (not what I pictured above...real boxes) and almost all of my Intellivision titles are boxed (I like the "book style" boxes for holding all of the manuals/overlays and such).

Voch

I had only one brand new shrinkwrapped 5200 game which I couldn't resist opening: Meteorites.

Well I don't have any boxed 5200, last summer I found a local seller

with 20 sealed 7800 games. I had just got the system so it was

fantastic timing. For about a week I would rip open a couple of games

and play! The nice with 7800 games is most came with a cool poster

of Ataris late 80s game line up. I'd love to find similar poster for

the Warner Atari era.

John

I would like more boxed games for my Colecovision and 7800 collections later on. Right now, I'm too cash strapped to get any more.

I just got lucky winning the auctions that I won in order to get most of the boxed 5200 games I have. I also got some from Rick Weis.

I would like more boxed games for my Colecovision and 7800 collections later on. Right now, I'm too cash strapped to get any more.

I just got lucky winning the auctions that I won in order to get most of the boxed 5200 games I have. I also got some from Rick Weis.

Good luck acquiring Colecovision boxed games. I think those are the hardest of all the classic systems to get.

Good luck acquiring Colecovision boxed games. I think those are the hardest of all the classic systems to get.

Actually, I'd just have to have enough cash on hand for EBay..since there are good deals to be had on boxed CV carts.

I have 16 Odyssey2 games but I would eventually like to replace them with boxed games if I could ever find them cheap enough.

I believe that boxed games help the value of a collection because if they're in great shape, they show that the person actually took care of the game and of course, boxed games tend to go for more(unless you count 'O Shea's...which sold 2600 boxed games for dirt cheap a few years ago..not anymore).

I believe this might help later on in case I REALLY need money and there's no other alternative to getting it.

Archived