IGNORED

Chopper Command International Edition

curtisdj

I have an international edition of River raid, the cart itself has a 'N' sticker on it (indicating NTSC I assume as it is an ntsc cart) and the box is a bit smaller than the U.S. Activision boxes. The instructions are in english, spanish, french, italian and german.

Mine came from canada somewhere...

Activision's International editions are relatively common in Australia, although I normally collect the HES releases instead because of the lack of Actiplaque. Obviously the Aus releases are PAL and an NTSC International Edition would be a more interesting find.

I don't know if there are International Editions of all the Activision titles hopefully someone else can fill in the details.

Interesting - it's an NTSC game with the wrong label on it! The 'international edition' commonly features on their PAL carts - I've got a whole bundle of them (I guess they mean "for um...whatever world is outside America - you know, those foreign types with their wierd TV's :D )

I think the international edition games were also sold in Canada. I have one that came from a group of games that I got from Canada. Here's a pic of it. As you can see it has a small N sticker on it (meaning NTSC i think). Unfortunately, the label is in very bad condition. :x :( :_(

post-1060-1054350390_thumb.jpg

My God!  Does the US consider Canada as 'international'??  Surely a declaration of war :D  ;)

More likely a sigh of relief from up North... :wink:

And yes... it seems that many of the Activision releases in Canada had the "International Edition" labels. We (apparently) speak 2 languages here... just one at a time...

The Quebec portion of Canada speaks French rather than English. Activision developed Ice Hockey / Hockey Sur Glace and Tennis / Le Tennis as bilingual Canadian Labels. Activision likely used their five language international labels of other games for the French speaking Canadian market.

I have an International label on my Robot Tank cart. Bought it from a guy in Canada, don't ya know. :) I had posted about this before but no one commented on it.

I believe it's NTSC. It works fine on my TV while a PAL version of Berzerk rolls the screen.

And while it seems strange to get fully international labels for Canada, I've got a cart label I really don't understand. It's Realsports Soccer in NTSC but the label says "Football" and then in smaller type "Realsports Soccer." The copyright date is 1988. I'm not sure whom they made these labels for, since Canadians also call the sport Soccer--at least the ones I know. Do French Canadians call it Football?

Archived