IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

6 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

$700?  What's 1Up been smoking? ?

nothing, people want custom risers, lit marquees, and stools.

these also come sometimes with light up decks.

another big selling point to some people is WiFi online play.

those aren't free.

later

Edited by negative1

Most of the gen 1 cabs were $299. The new cabs aren't $400 better.

Even Star Wars and Outrun weren't $700, and those weren't mindless beat-em-ups with standard controls.

$700 is about $200 too much for these machines, and that's being generous.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vrock said:

Most of the gen 1 cabs were $299. The new cabs aren't $400 better.

Even Star Wars and Outrun weren't $700, and those weren't mindless beat-em-ups with standard controls.

$700 is about $200 too much for these machines, and that's being generous.

$299 was way too much, I got mine for half that price, and have never bought another one since then.

All those added features, increased importing costs, chip shortages, increased wood prices, and

all those other items mentioned have added to the increases.

People are fine with that pricepoint, as they have sold out of all pre-orders. Nothings going to change.

If you wait for the non-lit marquees, bare version, with no stool and riser, it will cost that much from wal-mart,

and retailers. Just have to wait a few months, or for it to go on clearance if its too much now.

Arcade 1up is also using a payment plan for people that want to split up the cost.

later

Anyone notice the Arcade1up Pinballs machines have gone up in price by, wait for it, $250 in the past 3 weeks? 

Three weeks ago HSN.com and Gamestop had the Star Wars pinball for $599, now Best Buy has it for $850.00.  

I'm assuming they're getting hammered with parts/shipping from China but still.  

-Jody

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, negative1 said:

$299 was way too much, I got mine for half that price, and have never bought another one since then.[/quote]

All those added features, increased importing costs, chip shortages, increased wood prices, and

all those other items mentioned have added to the increases.

People are fine with that pricepoint, as they have sold out of all pre-orders. Nothings going to change.

If you wait for the non-lit marquees, bare version, with no stool and riser, it will cost that much from wal-mart,

and retailers. Just have to wait a few months, or for it to go on clearance if its too much now.

Arcade 1up is also using a payment plan for people that want to split up the cost.

later

The old ones weren't worth $299, but these ones are surely worth $700. Got it. Makes complete sense.

• Haha 1

There's definitely some animosity about their higher price point, but there's no guarantee it's going to depress sales in unison with the outcry on social media. For all we know, they reduced production. We won't know for sure how things worked out for them likely until their next batch of machines suddenly drops again in price or there's some other obvious reaction. Meanwhile, we have the Legends Ultimate at Sam's Club with bonus pinball kit, 5 pinball tables, and 1 month of ArcadeNet Standard for $499.98, so it's not all bad news out there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, negative1 said:

Sure. If i wanted all the extra features, and upgrades.

later

I don't agree that a riser, a stool, a lit marquee, and wifi module are worth an extra $400. I mean, good for Arcade1up if they can sell these, but the value for the consumer is just not there.

2 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

There's definitely some animosity about their higher price point, but there's no guarantee it's going to depress sales in unison with the outcry on social media. For all we know, they reduced production. We won't know for sure how things worked out for them likely until their next batch of machines suddenly drops again in price or there's some other obvious reaction. Meanwhile, we have the Legends Ultimate at Sam's Club with bonus pinball kit, 5 pinball tables, and 1 month of ArcadeNet Standard for $499.98, so it's not all bad news out there.

Both you and negative1 are like used car salesmen here. Instead of listening to constructive criticism from your target audience, you hand wave it away and double down on how awesome your products are. It has the opposite effect you intend, I promise.

Edited by Vrock
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vrock said:

Both you and negative1 are like used car salesmen here. Instead of listening to constructive criticism from your target audience, you hand wave it away and double down on how awesome your products are. It has the opposite effect you intend, I promise.

With you it does, sure.

Eh, I feel like both Bill and -1 have their preferences but just say what they know.  And sure, with occasional dismissiveness of the "other guys", but whatever.

I like the info they provide.

Bill takes feedback and is excited about the improvements AtGames has made in quality and sales, for good reason.

-1 finds the quality of most A1up products far inferior to what they'd want for their home (and is very into modding them etc), but fully understands how successful the A1up marketing has been and the choices they've made for the mass crowd.  

Neither are saying their preferred company's stuff are perfect.

But keep in mind both are basically selling out as fast as they can make them.  You just gotta take the info at face value and make your own choices.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Curious Sofa said:

Eh, I feel like both Bill and -1 have their preferences but just say what they know.  And sure, with occasional dismissiveness of the "other guys", but whatever.

I like the info they provide.

Bill takes feedback and is excited about the improvements AtGames has made in quality and sales, for good reason.

-1 finds the quality of most A1up products far inferior to what they'd want for their home (and is very into modding them etc), but fully understands how successful the A1up marketing has been and the choices they've made for the mass crowd.  

Neither are saying their preferred company's stuff are perfect.

But keep in mind both are basically selling out as fast as they can make them.  You just gotta take the info at face value and make your own choices.

Bill is dismissive to criticism (they're doing "fine") and negative1 is a condescending ass most of the time. He was 1up's biggest critic until they started paying him. But whatever. This thread has run its course when the primary contributors are paid corporate employees trying to sell product.  I'm gonna go play some games.

Edited by Vrock

3 hours ago, Vrock said:

Bill is dismissive to criticism (they're doing "fine") and negative1 is a condescending ass most of the time. He was 1up's biggest critic until they started paying him. But whatever. This thread has run its course when the primary contributors are paid corporate employees trying to sell product.  I'm gonna go play some games.

I do free Q&A, never been paid a cent from them.

later

3 hours ago, Vrock said:

When am I dismissive of criticism? Providing reasons/info why something is the way it is is not being dismissive.

• Like 1

It's ok, you have PLENTY of other options too.  Iircade might be for you, RecRoom Masters maybe, who knows what you want to get.

No reason to take a leak in the general direction of AtGames or A1up and the commenters on here.

I mean, if you bought one of them and it disappointed you, I think we would ALL love to hear about it and why.

But the armchair peanut gallery thing just seems like it's taking a lot of assumptions (a couple of which are now obviously incorrect) about who's saying what.

• Like 1

coming this fall

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/home/search/?keywords=arcade1up

cocktail table:
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/arcade1up-marvel-vs-capcom-head/1220000270671-item.html?ikwid=arcade1up&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=7#algoliaQueryId=602bc92d922ddc9f17913d03f59d5721

1.jpg?width=800

Get ready to punch, kick, fly, blast, claw, and oh-so-many-more powers packed into this easily assembled head-to-head table. A phenomenal selection of uncanny Marvel x Capcom titles awaits you: X-Men: Children of the Atom™, Marvel Super Heroes™, The Punisher™, X-Men vs Street Fighter™, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter™, Marvel vs Capcom™, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse™, and Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems™. Switch up games at will, will the on-screen navigation. Fight opponents, or fight together! Your table is ready…it’s the Marvel x Capcom Head-to-Head from Arcade1Up. 1 table, 2 players, 8 games, endless fun! Specifications: ∙ Age Grading 14+ ∙ Classic Gaming Table Design ∙ Original Gameplay ∙ 8 Games in 1 ∙ 17" Color LCD Screen ∙ Two Control Panels ∙ 1 Speakers on each side ∙ 2 Clear Deck Protectors ∙ Clear Protective Top Surface ∙ Real Feel Arcade Controls ∙ Easy Assembly ∙ Adjustable Volume ∙ On-Screen Game Selection Menu ∙ Plugs into an AC outlet ∙ Easy Assembly ∙ By Tastemakers, LLC ∙ Fully Licensed

Tron:

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/arcade1up-tron-bundle-with-riser/195570001899-item.html?

ikwid=arcade1up&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=2#algoliaQueryId=602bc92d922ddc9f17913d03f59d5721

1.jpg?width=800

The Arcade1Up Tron™ home arcade cabinet stays true to what made the game such a draw in 1982, right down to its signature inner lit blue joystick. Also included is the marquee game’s sequel, Discs of Tron™. With its beautifully vibrant cabinet artwork, along with matching riser, stool, and crisp display graphics, the Arcade1Up Tron™ home arcade cabinet is an icon of ‘80s culture, and a stunning addition to your home.

Specifications: • Custom Shaped “Cabinet “ Design • 2 games in 1 • Custom Riser • Light-up Marquee • Light-up Deck Protector • Light-up Flight Stick • Blacklight Effects • Weight: 82lbs. • Real-Feel Arcade Controls • Coinless operation • Adjustable Variable Volume • Anti-Tip Over Strap • On-Screen Game Selections • In Game Settings Menu • Plugs into and AC outlet • Easy Assembly • By Tastemakers, LLC • Fully Licensed Stool Specifications: • Adjustable arcade stool with extending legs • Height adjusts from 21.5” to 29.5” • Chrome-plated steel frame • High-density foam padding

Killer instinct update:

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/arcade1up-killer-instinct-with-riser/195570001943-item.html?ikwid=arcade1up&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=1#algoliaQueryId=602bc92d922ddc9f17913d03f59d5721

1.jpg?width=800

Killer Instinct™. Fans loved it, critics loved it. For many retrogamer enthusiasts it’s a definitive title of the mid ‘90s, with the gameplay, soundtrack, and 3D-rendered graphics all revered. Relive that video game era with this stop-you-in-your-tracks arcade cabinet, that also includes Killer Instinct 2™, Battletoads™ (yes, the arcade version!), and Battletoads™ / Double Dragon™ as a bonus game. Need to add some height to this cabinet? No problem, the included matching riser gets you there. Want to pick a fight remotely? The Live WiFi feature allows you to take on opponents anywhere, playing from their own cabinet. The Killer Instinct™ home arcade cabinet from Arcade1Up. If you’re thinking, “this is awesome,” your instincts serve you well. Specifications: • Custom shaped "Cabinet" design • WIFI Enabled for Online Play • 17" Color LCD screen • 4 Games in 1 • Light-Up Marquee • Custom Light-Up Riser • Light-Up Deck Protector • Exclusive Stool • Molded Coin door • Real-Feel Arcade Controls • Coinless operation • Adjustable Variable Volume • Anti-Tip Over Strap • On-Screen Game Selection Menu • In Game Settings Menu • Plugs into an AC outlet • Easy Assembly • By Tastemakers, LLC • Fully Licensed Stool Specifications: • Adjustable arcade stool with extending legs • Height adjusts from 21.5” to 29.5” • Chrome-plated steel frame • High-density foam padding

later

Edited by negative1
  • Thanks 1

Terminator 2:

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/electronics/arcade1up-terminator-with-riser-light/1220000273153-item.html?ikwid=arcade1up&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=3#algoliaQueryId=602bc92d922ddc9f17913d03f59d5721

1.jpg?width=800

In 1991, visionary director James Cameron changed cinema forever with Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Its thrilling action sequences and groundbreaking visual effects mesmerized audiences, and arcade enthusiasts clamored for a video game adaptation. In anticipation, Midway developed T2 the arcade game simultaneously with the film’s production and release. Utilizing sleek light guns for one or two players to play the roles of T-800 cyborgs, the game featured Arnold Schwarzenegger, Robert Patrick, and Eddie Furlong reprising their respective roles in digitized footage. The game was a blockbuster hit 1991, and now 30 years later, Arcade1Up is thrilled to produce this title in a home arcade form factor. Arcade1Up game cabinets have quickly become absolute must-haves for retrogame enthusiasts and pop-culture collectors; they play great, look great, and are instant conversation pieces. With T2, Arcade1Up fans will get their hands on one of the most requested titles ever.

Specifications:

• 17" Color LCD screen • Matching Riser • Light-Up Marquee • Live Leader Board • Two Guns with force feedback • Real-Feel Arcade Controls • Coinless operation • Adjustable Volume • Clear Deck Protector • Anti-Tip Over Strap • On-Screen Game Selection Menu • Plugs into an AC outlet • Easy Assembly • Two Guns with force feedback • By Tastemakers, LLC

later