IGNORED

Budget Atari and Capcom arcade cabinets to see release this fall!

I'm confused.. is that trackball & spinner any different than the stock ones in the Arcade1up 12-1?

Unfortunately, it looks like the spinner and dial are the same as the stock ones:

----------

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/bt279a/the_upgrade_spinner_from_arcade1upcom_is_the/

One person got the spinner, and it was exactly the same.

I'm guessing the trackball is the same too.

later

thats surprising considering how small they are.you can use the guts of them, and put them in a smaller form factor.later-1

Well, I have a really small house and one full size arcade machine already. I did some rearranging today, and found some room!

• Like 1

1Up selling complete control decks now as well:

https://arcade1up.com/collections/control-decks?fbclid=IwAR3lX25iPvgRAZY54LWj56TJzbDMjR1iqbHY89lIrJwwbSibQQI80GkslFw

(unless I missed this in a a previous post)

Street Fighter 2, 12-1. and Rampage are not available.

So, it looks like it's all the buttons, knobs, and controllers with the deck, but no protector.

later

Street Fighter 2, 12-1. and Rampage are not available.So, it looks like it's all the buttons, knobs, and controllers with the deck, but no protector.later-1

The decks listed above (specifically talking the 12-in-1), show as "on sale", but when you click on the pic - no price is displayed. All the rest are listed at $25.99. Does this mean they are truly not available or... guess we could contact Arcade1Up and ask.

I bought a 12-in-1 board for my Asteroids machine and may want the control panel with the trackball. Not overly worried about it as I also have the Centipede cab, but if I can at least select which game to play with the spinner, Asteroids Deluxe was what I was mostly after...

Btw: I installed Glen's spinner and it is excellent! Almost a shame to "waste" it on the Arcade 1UP cab. Have a 412-in-1 machine also that I wonder if it'll work with. ha

• Like 1

The decks listed above (specifically talking the 12-in-1), show as "on sale", but when you click on the pic - no price is displayed. All the rest are listed at $25.99. Does this mean they are truly not available or... guess we could contact Arcade1Up and ask.

I bought a 12-in-1 board for my Asteroids machine and may want the control panel with the trackball. Not overly worried about it as I also have the Centipede cab, but if I can at least select which game to play with the spinner, Asteroids Deluxe was what I was mostly after...

Btw: I installed Glen's spinner and it is excellent! Almost a shame to "waste" it on the Arcade 1UP cab. Have a 412-in-1 machine also that I wonder if it'll work with. ha

More than likely either no stock yet or they just haven't enabled ordering via the website. I'm sure they'll be available at some point.

RE: Glen's spinner: What? Shame you say? You are hereby kicked out of the 1Up club for that statement Sir! ;) It's too bad the 1Up "replacement" spinner turned out to be nothing more than the crappy spinner that already came with the cabs, it would have been nice to have another spinner option and in this case a low cost one.

More than likely either no stock yet or they just haven't enabled ordering via the website. I'm sure they'll be available at some point.

RE: Glen's spinner: What? Shame you say? You are hereby kicked out of the 1Up club for that statement Sir! ;) It's too bad the 1Up "replacement" spinner turned out to be nothing more than the crappy spinner that already came with the cabs, it would have been nice to have another spinner option and in this case a low cost one.

The mystery of the new spinners continues.

Looks like some people got the old stock, which of course are no different,

but other people are getting the new one that they listed.

Whether they are an improvement is not known yet, but they most likely are.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/bu82yl/just_got_my_a1u_new_spinner/

WJqrkpt.jpg

fi1UrTW.jpg

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1

For those buying the discounted SF2 machines, interesting news.

From BerryBerry

-----------------

Final Fight is NOT a 2nd-Gen game. It uses the same board as all the other Gen1 games.

Controls match SF2 exactly (but FF uses only 2 buttons per player.)

Should be trivial to add FF's games to a SF board, to make a "7-in-1".

You will have to do the USB mod first, then access the filesystem on both,

to move the files over from one system to the other.

later

• Like 1

Do ya think any of the retailers will agree to stock these again next holiday season? Putting the stuff on deep discount is a bad sign.

I think it depends on why they're on discount....to make room for a new wave or because they actually weren't moving.

I'd also say, putting stuff on deep discount after major success (I am unsure how to term 1ups success, I don't know their #s) sometimes just means you went one or two production run too far, but still made a ton of dough overall.

Do ya think any of the retailers will agree to stock these again next holiday season? Putting the stuff on deep discount is a bad sign.

Keep in mind that these are really sold as limited time collectables (a Tastemakers standard way of doing things). They've now got the next batch of collectables out and they're certainly started prepping the Xmas shopping season wave already. For limited time collectables, Walmart nearly always heavily discounts them towards the end of their run

Also they reported having hit $100M+ several months ago. That would be well over 300K cabs. While that number is huge for cab sales, it's not actually that many per Walmart, so with the shelf space these take up it could be a problem

Edited by twalk

I'd argue that the price cuts aren't because of a national failure, but it's a regional/local/local within a larger local area w/multiple stores, choice to do so. There are a lot of walmarts within a 20mi radius of where I sit and none of them price dropped anything from Arcade1up, and only 1-2 ever did for the MyArcade stuff and very selectively, and the Basic Fun never got dropped either anywhere. It was one county over and i happened to be close enough to be worth a spit, that I went out of my way to pick up that $35 pac-man player for $8 shortly after it came out. That was the extent of the drops around this 2 state area. Maybe some stores over shot their expectations and had to make room for more stuff or newer stuff, but mine never had a huge supply in the first place and just kind of refreshed as needed, and selectively some had them on display even for use.

Not all the cabinets are getting the deep discounts, mainly the ones with the Atari arcade games. The Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat kits from what I've read have been selling pretty well. I doubt we'll see another Arcade1Up cabinet like Asteroids or Centipede.

Speaking of which, I picked up an Asteroids cabinet from Walmart a week ago for that $75 discount price. Aside from the known issues like the spinner and control deck artwork, I noticed the one I bought has an issue with the bezel. The bezel plexiglas is full of heavy scratches, particle board dust, and scuff marks on the inside. It is almost like someone at the factory dropped the bezel, slid it across the floor, then installed it over the LCD screen without so much as a wipe down. For $75 I can't complain too much, but I'd have been extremely annoyed if I bought this at launch for the full $300.

Not all the cabinets are getting the deep discounts, mainly the ones with the Atari arcade games. The Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat kits from what I've read have been selling pretty well. I doubt we'll see another Arcade1Up cabinet like Asteroids or Centipede.

Speaking of which, I picked up an Asteroids cabinet from Walmart a week ago for that $75 discount price. Aside from the known issues like the spinner and control deck artwork, I noticed the one I bought has an issue with the bezel. The bezel plexiglas is full of heavy scratches, particle board dust, and scuff marks on the inside. It is almost like someone at the factory dropped the bezel, slid it across the floor, then installed it over the LCD screen without so much as a wipe down. For $75 I can't complain too much, but I'd have been extremely annoyed if I bought this at launch for the full $300.

Call or write Arcade 1UP about the bezel issue. They may just send you a new one. But don't be surprised if you end up getting something totally different (like a PCBA board for a totally different game no less) after waiting weeks instead. Happened to me. :(

Besides the obvious quality control issues, biggest problem I have with these offerings is the sound delay. Surprised more aren't talking about that. Guess we should just be "happy" that the input lag isn't as bad as the sound. ;)

Besides the obvious quality control issues, biggest problem I have with these offerings is the sound delay. Surprised more aren't talking about that.

Are you sure you don't have a defective unit? I've also noticed you're the only person bringing it up... have you spotted the same sound delay on videos of the same machine(s)?

Are you sure you don't have a defective unit? I've also noticed you're the only person bringing it up... have you spotted the same sound delay on videos of the same machine(s)?

Yes, both the Centipede and Asteroids cabinets. You press the fire button and a short while later, you hear the sound. I talked to a customer rep, sent them a video and they replied that that's perfectly "normal". :lol:

Yes, both the Centipede and Asteroids cabinets. You press the fire button and a short while later, you hear the sound. I talked to a customer rep, sent them a video and they replied that that's perfectly "normal". :lol:

Never noticed that on Centipede, and I have a day one cabinet. I have Asteroids Deluxe - not sure if that's the same board as Asteroids, but have not tested it yet.

I'm pushing to get AD out of the box and setup this weekend, will test it and Centipede again to see if I detect anything.

Do you have your video online or can you put it up and link to it?

1Up support is "like a box of chocolates... "