IGNORED

new 5200's few ?

discgolfer72

ok ended up with a 4 port with the * in the serial number in a lot of untested consoles (several intelvision and vic 20's)

from what I understand this is a later model 4 port that should support the vcs adaptor am I correct (before I buy a vcs adaptor and sell my 2600)

everything in the lot was untested but everything was working except the 5200 I had no way to test since it did not have a power brick or rf modulator box

I also ended up buying a 5200 on ebay with power /rf controllers and games (pretty much bought the lot for the power brick and rf unit lol)

problem is the first 5200 with serial # AT*3130193851

only booted to the green screen

the second unit with serial# sv-402 0086681

worked but what the auction didn't list was that several pins on controller port 1 and 2 are missing so I can play pacman lol but any game that uses a button does not work

really wanted to keep the AT*3130193851 machine (to use with the vcs adaptor )so i started swapping chips (also hate DE soldering and didn't want to swap controller ports)

i found that the chip in attached pic was the bad chip

are these available to purchase somewhere what chip is that

also is there a source for replacement controller ports

id like to save both consoles if i can

also anyone have a link to the modifications needed to make the older 4 port work with the vcs adaptor

post-63035-0-59589200-1519247119_thumb.jpg

so after some searching that chip is the 6502 "hmmmm" as I eyeball a 6502a on a centipede arcade pcb

what 6502 are compatible with the 5200

Well..this isn't going to be the best answer, but if you look up the pinouts to both and they seem to match up, then I say just swap it with the other and see what happens? That is exactly what I would have done LOL!

Well..this isn't going to be the best answer, but if you look up the pinouts to both and they seem to match up, then I say just swap it with the other and see what happens? That is exactly what I would have done LOL!

lol tried its better lol green screen with yellow bar on one side

but def not a match lol

dug thru all the arcade pcb in my store all are z80 or Motorola except 3 centipede boards an they all are 6502a uggggggggg lol

made an order for a Atari 800 6502 that has the same part number so that should fix the machine just need to find some joystick ports (without having to steal them from another console )

thanks I bought a pair

had to totally re do my 8 bit setup but now the working 5200 has a forever home lol

had to add the shelving under my main desk it is great found it at ikea for 14$ a unit

post-63035-0-82168800-1519274807_thumb.jpg

The chip is available from Best for $8 plus shipping. Though I have heard people say they have a $20 minimum order.

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/custom-i.htm

That is true about the $20 minimum order.

thanks guys a picked some controller ports and the cpu up on feepay for under 20$ for everything

they showed up yesterday

sat down today and replaced the ports and installed the new chip

bam works like a champ

https://youtu.be/7x9Ls1PmpfQ