IGNORED

Atari 2600 AV MOD Noob Questions

VinsCool

Hello AtariAge!

I'm a newcomer around here, and I recently acquired a Atari 2600 Darth Vader model, with 28 cartridges and a bunch of accessories from a friend, and ordered a Harmony Encore flashcard, coming in the mail soon :)

I wanted to ask about AV MOD, and figured it would be simpler to start a new topic.

Basically, I have seen a bunch of video mods, some EBAY offers, and a few threads in here, but I can't really make up my mind to what get or where to order.

I'm asking you all, fellow Atari fans, what MOD (DIY or assembled, doesn't matter to me) I should get. I saw a bunch, like BATARI, or the easy to use EBAY ones, but I don't know which one would be the best for my use.

Basically, I would like to get the following:

- AV and/or S-Video video output

- Stereo sound (by stereo, I mean, the 2 TIA sound channels playing on the left and right channels, respectively)

- Get the best possible quality

- Easy to assemble kit and/or assembled and ready to install kit

I was searching a bit, but for some of the kits, I was unable to find places to order them. I may be searching wrong too, hahaha.

Any input will be really appreciated!

I would ask Osgeld, http://atariage.com/forums/topic/275533-sold-4-switch-woody-promo-unit-with-av-stereo/ , as the picture on the ones he does looks amazing.

Thanks for the very quick reply! Is there a way to tag users in this forum, so they could see this thread? I wouldn't like to reply on their thread just to ask something :S

Hi,

Give a quick look to my post: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271678-simple-diy-composite-video-mod/

May be you like it.

Regards,

That looks really nice! Seems to be a little complicated for a hardware noob like myself, but I'll save this in my favourites for reference. Thanks a lot for your work on this :)

Bryan's UAV works with the 2600 and can give you both composite and s-video out. How much soldering you need to do would depend on which version of the 2600 pcb you have. He also make an "audio companion board" to go with it.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/260267-the-uav-rev-d-video-upgrade-thread/

That looks really good! I'll go ahead and read this thread today once I get some more time and use my PC.

Thanks for the suggestion :)