IGNORED

So what's up with atari7800com & save mary ntsc imp mis

Godzilla

I signed on for pre-orders of all their cool looking new swag (7800 target game, save mary, fixed impossible mission ntsc, and the headband games like bionic breakthru,) Their site is still there (www.atari7800.com) but when I checked on it, it said some of the tiltles I had pre-ordered were actually available (enough though I had recieved NO notification,) and when I tried to use their form for the items, their page gave an error....

Does anyone know anything?

I signed on for pre-orders of all their cool looking new swag (7800 target game, save mary, fixed impossible mission ntsc, and the headband games like bionic breakthru,) Their site is still there (www.atari7800.com) but when I checked on it, it said some of the tiltles I had pre-ordered were actually available (enough though I had recieved NO notification,) and when I tried to use their form for the items, their page gave an error....

Does anyone know anything?

The owner of atari7800.com is on my AIM buddy list, I'll ask him about it next time I see him on :) .

Without trying to sound disrespectful, I would take the claims of Atari7800.com with a grain of salt. My impression has been, whether intetional or not, that these guys aren't equipped to deliver on the tremendous promises put forth by the site.

I had also hoped last year that the NTSC version of IMPOSSIBLE MISSION was coming, but we're now something like eight months after it was first announced and narry a word.

sometimes things like this take time... they look very ambitous and their site is nice and professional. I hope things come together for them soon, I would love to have a spankin new 7800 system :)

I wonder how many people have pre-ordered the system? been meaning to write them and find out.

sometimes things like this take time... they look very ambitous and their site is nice and professional. I hope things come together for them soon, I would love to have a spankin new 7800 system :)

I wonder how many people have pre-ordered the system?  been meaning to write them and find out.

I agree - their site is very nice and professional and I too would love many of the things they advertise.

That being said, I've watched them since they launched Atari7800.com since it was conceived - partly 'cause I originally wanted that domain name ;) - and have found that they make a lot of really enticing plans but the plans don't seem to get followed through on. I don't get the sense that its malicious as much as it is over-ambitious, given where they are in their lives.

The only reason we're not judging it as malicious at this point is because they haven't taken anybody's money, like Jah Fish or Junie's Creations. If they had taken "pre-order" money on their games and refurbished systems and nobody had ever gotten anything, then I think we'd all want to know where the money had gone. On the flipside, not getting in any money may be exactly the reason they haven't done anything. That's a wicked catch 22.

There's some places (I won't name names) that I'll only buy from in person, say picking up a cartridge at CGE.  Just too much vaporware in this hobby lately.

As bad as it is, Jaguar fans have been having to deal with vaporware for a long time now. Can anyone say DKG? :D

I think it would be nice to see them finally start shipping some of the products they're selling, regardless of the high prices.

Just too much vaporware in this hobby lately.

I've noticed that too. I wonder what's up with that?

I'd hate to be putting out a first time product in this environment, as it really can be a two way street. Although this is NOT equal to taking people's money and never delivering anything in return, my experience is that only around 50% of people who preorder something will actually pay for it. Counting on all the preorders could certainly leave one with a lot of dead stock. However, building only 50% and then having a few people not get one would no doubt create a lot of animosity.

Chad

my experience is that only around 50% of people who preorder something will actually pay for it

Yeow, that would be frustrating. I just wish everyone could be like you Chad, get stuff working before they announce production, then carry through on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Any updates on any of these titles? anyone know anything?

I'd like to get a "Save Mary" on cart. It would be even better on a 2600 board rather than a 7800 one, too. I can't seem to recall why but I do remember reading quite a while ago about why it is a difficult game to reproduce. Strange bank switching or extra RAM or something like that.

Any updates on any of these titles? anyone know anything?

I'd like to get a "Save Mary" on cart. It would be even better on a 2600 board rather than a 7800 one, too. I can't seem to recall why but I do remember reading quite a while ago about why it is a difficult game to reproduce. Strange bank switching or extra RAM or something like that.

It requires a SARA chip, that's all. :)

to me atari7000com is a rip off site. I can think of at least 3 dealers who are much,much,much,much,much cheaper. Frank Polosky for one. $125 for Impossible Mission? who are they tring to kidd? I though I had them when I tried to sell them the same titles they were selling for $100+. You know all they would give me credit...my ass. Try EBAY, try anywhere, try other collectors. if you live or planning to visit try Sean Kelly's store in Norridge. You know even Sean Kelly thinks $125 is way too much for Impossible Mission which he was selling for $20 each.

to me atari7000com is a rip off site. I can think of at least 3 dealers who are much,much,much,much,much cheaper. Frank Polosky for one. $125 for Impossible Mission? who are they tring to kidd? I though I had them when I tried to sell them the same titles they were selling for $100+. You know all they would give me credit...my ass. Try EBAY, try anywhere, try other collectors. if you live or planning to visit try Sean Kelly's store in Norridge. You know even Sean Kelly thinks $125 is way too much for Impossible Mission which he was selling for $20 each.

Sean has a store in Norridge?

I may have to head up there this weekend!

In case you want to know:

Sean Kelly's store is called    Videogames  etc

4351 N Harlem ave

Norridge,IL

I think his hours are 10-6   7 days a week

Actually, they're 11-9 M-F and I think Sat and 11-6 on Sundays

John

That's sweet! Livin' the dream... Gotta admire that. I wish I had the guts to open a video game store, but it's tough to make a living at it. Still it must be nice to wake up and go to work doing what you love (I wouldn't know anything about that :D ).

Tempest

Archived