IGNORED

So what's up with atari7800com & save mary ntsc imp mis

Godzilla

To me places and people like atari7800com is the problem when you collect classic games. There are always someone out there who want to rip you off.

I am being totally honest here the most I've ever paid for a 7800 cart is $20 and I have most of them. With something like 10 to go and there the rare ones which are nearly impossible to find.

I have a question for you collectors. Severial years ago I came across a toy store going out of bussiness. I think it was called Child World, It was there on a display of 7800 titles I seen one game I never seen before or since. It was California Games pacifically made for the 7800. By the way they were out of it. My question is "Has anyone else ever heard of that game?"

You might find 'Save Mary' from Hozer Games

I have a question for you collectors. Severial years ago I came across a toy store going out of bussiness. I think it was called Child World, It was there on a display of 7800 titles I seen one game I never seen before or since. It was California Games pacifically made for the 7800. By the way they were out of it. My question is "Has anyone else ever heard of that game?"

It was probably the 2600 version, a 7800 version never got made.

Mitch

To me places and people like atari7800com is the problem when you collect classic games. There are always someone out there who want to rip you off.

AFAIK, Atari7800.com never even got off of the ground far enough to take anybody’s money. A few empty promises were made but I don’t think that they ever ripped anybody off.

I have all the games that O'Shea has for sale in their 7800 section (except for some sports titles which I don't have any interest in), so i've never ordered from them. I have kicked around the thought of buying some of those Atari shirts, though. :)

It looks like Atari7800.com's catalogs are offline now, and a note saying that they're going to revamp it with slightly more sane pricing, most around $20. I guess that they weren't getting in enough income from their over the top prices, so they needed to tone it down.

First I would say if your looking for games at a fair price. First try digitpress.com links page. Then try this guy; Frank Polosky hes been dealing in games common and rare for over 10 years and has been advertizing in the 2600 Connection for as long as it been around. He fast, fair and honest best of all he will sell you games and manuals for a fair price. I don't know if I should post his email adderss, besides the one I have is at least 2 years old. But here is his mailing address.

Frank Polosky

P. O. Box 9542

Pittsburg,PA 15223

• 1 month later...

After reading emails on Atari7800.com, I must be the only one that has been ripped off then.

I have a cancelled check for $39.95 + $3.95 shipping which was my payment to them earlier this year for Save Mary. After numerous apologies and excuses about labels/instruction manuals, etc, I never received it!!!

Here is the last email I received from Justin on Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:19:28 EST; Subject: "Re: Got Your Check".

"Brad-

I didn't forget about you. I wanted to wait until

I had something else extra

to send your way along with Save Mary. I'm sure

you'll be happy with it ;-) "

Best,

Justin"

Justin....if you're out there, I'd really like a response from you!!!

I can vouch for Frank Polosky... Lords knows I've bought TONS of stuff from that guy over the years.

I don't know if I should post his email adderss, besides the one I have is at least 2 years old.

Actually, he's having some computer troubles, so any email addresses you have will probably be useless for the foreseeable future. The mail address is what to use.

• 2 months later...
My impression has been, whether intetional or not, that these guys aren't equipped to deliver on the tremendous promises put forth by the site.

i am supposed to get 50$ from them .... from justin to be exact. and i waited way longer than anybody ever waited for thrust plus!

anybody heard anything new? or does anybody know how i can contact justin?

greetings

Without trying to sound disrespectful, I would take the claims of Atari7800.com with a grain of salt. My impression has been, whether intetional or not, that these guys aren't equipped to deliver on the tremendous promises put forth by the site.  

I had also hoped last year that the NTSC version of IMPOSSIBLE MISSION was coming, but we're now something like eight months after it was first announced and narry a word.

yep, i was also surprised to see for how much they sold the items i sent to them. they sold the euro PAL mission impossible for 89$ and got it cheap from me .... i am still waiting for 50$ i was supposed to get.

Anyone been out to the site lately. It has changed quite a bit. They also added this:

"Welcome to DIVISION 06 Sales at Atari 7800.com, formerly known as the Atari 7800.com OnLine Catalogue. The Sales Division is currently closed. The reason for the closing is simple: I do not currently have the time to attend to sales, and I do not see the point in keeping the Sales Division open if I cannot do it correctly. Like they say, "Do it right, or don't do it at all." We still have a complete invintory of perfect new 7800 hardware and software on the shelvs, so the Sales Division may return sometime in the future if I have the time to meet the demand.

In the meantime I reccomend visiting Lance Ringquist at Video 61 Atari Sales & Service. He has great products with the best customer service in the world. 651.462.2500

Archived