IGNORED

IS WHTECH still down?

atrax27407

Ok whtech DOES allow anonymous now BUT with no password.. browsers default to a email address password so you will be prompted with a username and password box, type anonymous in the username and nothing in the password to connect

IF you are getting a timeout your ip has been blocked probably due to incorrect login creds repeatedly.. email support@lizardhill.com and let him know you think you are blocked to ftp.whtech.com he's pretty responsive

Greg

• Like 1

Ok whtech DOES allow anonymous now BUT with no password.. browsers default to a email address password so you will be prompted with a username and password box, type anonymous in the username and nothing in the password to connect

IF you are getting a timeout your ip has been blocked probably due to incorrect login creds repeatedly.. email support@lizardhill.com and let him know you think you are blocked to ftp.whtech.com he's pretty responsive

Greg

i got in with 'anonymous' as the username. Thanks, Greg!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Maybe it assumes (per standard) that the anonymous login requires a mail address as a password. I tried it with the console ftp command, and also here, it only works for empty password. Normally, this is not an issue with giving a mail address, since you can provide any formally correct mail address (like me@somewhere.net). This is also the reason why Firefox fails to connect via ftp, only via http.

likely filezilla is using an outdated or incomplete ftp handshake.. winscp is better on many levels anyway and free

Sorry to be off topic, but what's the secret to using WinSCP? Having no luck ever downloading from WHTech with any FTP client, I downloaded and tried WinSCP, also with no luck.

On the browser side, IE won't even let me see a directory structure and Chrome has its own problems (perhaps the absurd level I have my PC locked down, I don't know?).

I'd just like to copy a few directories that interest me maybe twice per year which I would think would be less cost/traffic to the web owner than me crawling FTP via HTTP and grabbing docs with newer dates.

Sorry to be off topic, but what's the secret to using WinSCP? Having no luck ever downloading from WHTech with any FTP client, I downloaded and tried WinSCP, also with no luck.

On the browser side, IE won't even let me see a directory structure and Chrome has its own problems (perhaps the absurd level I have my PC locked down, I don't know?).

I'd just like to copy a few directories that interest me maybe twice per year which I would think would be less cost/traffic to the web owner than me crawling FTP via HTTP and grabbing docs with newer dates.

Sounds like you are blocked for pwd attempts

Email support@lizardhill.com with your ip and ask for him to check the blacklist

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1