IGNORED

Crazy Tank

frankodragon

Wow! Much better! I actuallly think the title screen music sounds better when shortened.

Just a suggestion: have you considered randomizing the backbgrounds somewhat? Maybe show a city in the background on the first level (instead of a mountain), then maybe a mountain range in the following level, etc? I think it would add to the game’s overall appeal, and it would also create a feeling of progression through the game’s levels. Again, just a friendly suggestion. :)

I wanted to have that Battlezone or Robot Tank-ish feel to the game. The scenery does change somewhat whenever you touch one of those forts. The other issue has to do with memory as I can only fit everything into 48K and plotting extra images does take a whopping load of memory. I had somewhere between 100- 200 bytes of memory left. I could go up to 128K but that would mean I have to use one of CPUWIZ's MegaCarts and that would drive the price up by $10.

• Like 1

I wanted to have that Battlezone or Robot Tank-ish feel to the game. The scenery does change somewhat whenever you touch one of those forts. The other issue has to do with memory as I can only fit everything into 48K and plotting extra images does take a whopping load of memory. I had somewhere between 100- 200 bytes of memory left. I could go up to 128K but that would mean I have to use one of CPUWIZ's MegaCarts and that would drive the price up by $10.

Ah, okay. :) I could tell your game was inspired by Battlezone (it’s why I love it so much). Just as an fyi: I would be more than happy to pay the price increase if you do decide to use those MegaCarts.

Franko, what is the expected release date for Crazy Tank? I finally received a refund from an eBay transaction gone bad, so I can pay now instead of waiting until payday to replenish my gaming funds.

Now. However you may want to hold for a few days. I'm contacting someone who may make boxes but I have to be sure first.

• Like 1

Do I sense another episode of the Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast forthcoming?

Yes. Yes I do.

I still have this, Draker Quest, Draker Quest 2, Big Burrito, Hearty Manslapper, and Lava Lamps & 8-Track Theater alone just from frankodragon...plus the Edladdin controllers, Pac-Man Collection!...by the time I'm done with those, Froggie and Baby Pac-Man will be out. :) This podcast has a lot more episodes in the near future than I originally thought!

At the MGC when I was prepared to go, but instead I couldn't due to a winter storm, I was going to show you an unreleased prototype game, but I considered cancelling it due to a troll shitting on my games because they were considered "shovelware." Maybe next year, I'll show it if Old Man Winter decides to cooperate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...