IGNORED

Sega Genesis Classics Announced (PS4/XB1/PC; May 29th)

Atariboy

Yeah, that one isn't much of a loss. :)

Outrunners isn't much better, but along with the original Outrun, this one would've been a nice inclusion. Sadly though, the title screen seems to suggest that ownership is shared with the developer, so I left it off (I think it was a 3rd party game if I remember the story right, which Sega picked up publishing rights to and rebranded).

gfs_2181_1_1_mid.jpg

A very underrated Genesis game in my book. It did get a plug and play release as a standalone unit (I'd love to see the fine print on it, but the pictures online aren't high enough resolution), so I suppose there's a chance this one will again resurface eventually.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Vaguely intrigued. But I have all the Genny games from prior editions, mostly the 360 XBLA. Though I love the two Posters they're including, that's a neat touch. Love the Golden Axe one in particular. And the $30 price isn't bad.

Agree with that list from Atariboy above though, particularly Virtua Racing. Really ought to be included.

As well, if Nintendo was able to get Konami and Capcom games on the SNES Mini, I would think Sega could've bolstered their list with say, Castlevania Bloodlines, Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition, and some other third party greats.

• 5 months later...

It also needs a button remapping option. I was surprised recently when I was able to use my Hori Fighting Commander (with its Sega style six button configuration) with this collection on the PS4, that there was no option to map the buttons to their correct locations for a 1:1 experience. There were only two presets available to pick from. No excuse at this point in not allowing full button customization in emulated releases.

maxresdefault.jpg

Pixel interpolation would also be nice to see. There was shimmering evident at times with this collection from uneven pixel scaling.

Edited by Atariboy