IGNORED

need help loading dis/fix files in EA

digdugnate

Enter the program name and run them. Either you take my TIMT to disassemble these files and have a look at the DEF statement which tells you the program name, or you have to look through the REF/DEF table. Or you can try to load them into the editor and check near the end of the files for plausible names.

As I said, TIMT's disassembler can tell you.

• Like 2

yep, I just add these ´Programnames´ to the end of my PC DSK-files, plus ´EA3´ or ´EA5´ or "XB" ... , once I found them out.

Otherwise, I am afraid, all this work will be "lost" in "some" years because possible future users will discard after the first try .

I thought of adding this infos to my PDF-lists, but this would be too much work, and I don´t have all this infos.

Having it coming up directly with the filename (DSK, ZIP or whatever) seems to be the strigent way.

there is probably a simple step I'm missing, but im not quite sure how to load these two dis/fix files in E/A:

SLIMOID1
SLIMOID2
Do I use Load&Run on them? After I load them, though, what is the next step?
Thanks in advance!

If you use RXB it does something useful...it shows you all the names in a list and you can use the cursor to select it.

Run this video forward to 3:00 minutes and it shows both old RXB 2012 and 2015 EA Load & Run

• Like 4

yep, I just add these ´Programnames´ to the end of my PC DSK-files, plus ´EA3´ or ´EA5´ or "XB" ... , once I found them out.

Otherwise, I am afraid, all this work will be "lost" in "some" years because possible future users will discard after the first try .

I thought of adding this infos to my PDF-lists, but this would be too much work, and I don´t have all this infos.

Having it coming up directly with the filename (DSK, ZIP or whatever) seems to be the strigent way.

Look my last post here above and see the solution is use REA instead of EA Load & Run

• Like 1

a lot of the disks im messing with right now i inherited from my dad by way of his sister, lol- so I'm trying to figure out the best I can how the stuff works. :)

I want to say he has a good number of 'fixed' disks in the stack i got (including the version of Munchman that was like Pac-Man, as an example).

i remember how to do some things, but others...

• Like 1

START and MAIN were the two most common ones I ran into, but yeah, it's a pain when you don't know ;)

Which is why RXB / REA is the only real option for this, no one else seemed to plan ahead on this in EA carts.

• Like 1

In fact, I was using F'WEB long before RXB came out - about a decade or so. Too bad not many people use it now.

Very true, but in REA I wanted to list out all names loaded so you could see them for debugging purposes.

(I was thinking of programmers using it the most before making them EA5 programs auto start)

Very true, but in REA I wanted to list out all names loaded so you could see them for debugging purposes.

(I was thinking of programmers using it the most before making them EA5 programs auto start)

Yea... funnelweb did/does that. I am almost sure BEA does it too.

Got any originals ?