IGNORED

Tandy garage sale haul

Guest LiqMat

Guest LiqMat

I posted this over at vcfed.org.

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?62698-Large-Tandy-stash-picked-up-at-a-garage-sale-today

PM me here if you want something out of this lot. Just pay shipping. It sat in a garage for 35 years apparently and yes it's dirty, but I thought the docs and manuals were nice. The game manuals are spoken for already.

Edited by LiqMat

Guest LiqMat

Well, we have a first taker. The following are now spoken for so far in the lot:

1.) Blue Streak Ultima Serial To Parallel Interface
2.) Color Profile Hard Cover Manual
3.) Cash Budget Management Hard Cover Manual
4.) Beyond Turtle Graphics Paperback Book

There's plenty left so please PM me if you want anything.

Ah, memories! I had Bill Barden's Assembly Language book and the Color Computer graphics book many years ago. I think that I also had Shamus (on cassette).

I don't recall having ever seen Color Profile or the budget management system; is that OS-9 software?

Guest LiqMat

Ah, memories! I had Bill Barden's Assembly Language book and the Color Computer graphics book many years ago. I think that I also had Shamus (on cassette).

I don't recall having ever seen Color Profile or the budget management system; is that OS-9 software?

I am not a Tandy guy so I would not know. I do know a guy over at vcfed.org immediately nabbed those hard cover manuals from me and I am shipping those out to him shortly. I guess they are not very common anymore. They cleaned up pretty good considering they were in a humid garage for decades. I don't think the disks will work either, but he said he'll give it a go and ultimately wants the manuals. I am just glad I could save this stuff since it was on its way to the garbage.

Edited by LiqMat

Guest LiqMat

Ok, so an update total of what is spoken for:

5.) Coco 3 Computer
6.) Tandy Mouse
7.) Tandy adapter/splitter

My Dad got a Blue Streak when I was in middle school! After he had to buy a CoCo 2 (he and a buddy fried his original when trying to do a RAM upgrade) he got the writing bug and wanted a printer. We went to ShopKo of all places to get an Epson dot matrix that was on sale and he ordered the adapter out of Rainbow.

Guest LiqMat

Updated taken list:

5.) Coco 3 Computer
6.) Tandy Mouse
7.) Tandy adapter/splitter

8.) Coco 1 Computer

Guest LiqMat

Updated taken list:

1.) Blue Streak Ultima Serial To Parallel Interface - Shipped
2.) Color Profile Hard Cover Manual - Shipped
3.) Cash Budget Management Hard Cover Manual - Shipped
4.) Beyond Turtle Graphics Paperback Book -Shipped
5.) Coco 3 Computer - In Queue
6.) Tandy Mouse - In Queue
7.) Tandy adapter/splitter - In Queue
8.) Coco 1 Computer - Deep clean in process

So starting to reassemble the Coco 1 and the decades of humidity did take their toll, but we'll see what happens when it is turned on after the deep clean. Here is the keyboard slowly being reassembled. Three days into the cleaning and most of the time is dry time. The keyboard was completely disassembled and fully cleaned out. Not going to retrobright the keys, but they are in good shape otherwise. The key caps and domes were soaked in a Dawn soap mix overnight and all the dirt is off. Motherboard got a full rinse and all ICs were pulled and cleaned. I have a very minor solder job of one wire that came loose and will probably get to that today. All the shielding inside the case had extensive rust on it so all of it got an overnight vinegar bath and all the rust stripped right off the next day. You can see all the white marks on the video box shielding from where the rust was dissolved. Nice and smooth metal surface now. One thing I am hoping for is that the transformer holds up when turned on for the first time after decades of being idle. The case has major permanent staining, but that's ok. It is in good condition other than the staining and I have no plans to paint it since I personally like to keep everything original without interference. Let time tell the tale as I say.

Guest LiqMat

I see the problem with the Coco 1 now. The video out box is toast and one of the pots has completely decayed. If anyone wants the ICs or parts off this system before I recycle it please PM me and I'll send them your way. Should be very cheap shipping. Let me know soon. Thanks.

Guest LiqMat

So this is what's left. Once again, if anyone wants any of this please PM me and just cover shipping. I also cleaned up the floppy controller and it's available if someone wants. Shipping on that would be cheap since it is small and light. I also have the floppy ribbon cable if you want it.

Guest LiqMat

Updated availability list: (glad all of this is finding homes)

Note: Shipping is very cheap for the manuals and books since it is considered media mail by USPS. Shipping has not been over $6.75 so far for multiple books. Just a FYI.

From the above post photos the "Pokes, Peeks 'N Execs", "Introducing Your Color Computer 3" and "Color Computer 3 Extended Basic" books are now taken.

Edited by LiqMat

Guest LiqMat

The "Color Computer 3" hard cover binder is now taken. That ended up being an OS-9 Level II manual. No disks, but all pages were there. Good call MarkO!

Edited by LiqMat

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LiqMat

So one last check on this guys. I am doing some spring cleaning and before I recycle the rest of these manuals is there anyone who wants these? Since media mail shipping is super cheap I will give them and ship them for free to whoever wants the rest. It's all or nothing. I already boxed it so let me know. Otherwise I am going to recycle what's left next week.