IGNORED

JAG vs CO-JAG

TXG/MNX

Hi,

I wonder if a normal JAG could be converted to a CO-JAG?

TXG/MNX

The easiest way would be to buy a CoJag arcade machine and transplant the Tom and Jerry Chips. :-)

But seriously, I'm sure it could be done... with a whole amazing lot of work. I don't think it would be easy. You could probably take a part-time job and save up enough cash for a real CoJag machine in less time.

But seriously, I'm sure it could be done... with a whole amazing lot of work. I don't think it would be easy. You could probably take a part-time job and save up enough cash for a real CoJag machine in less time.

They aren't overly expensive if you're prepared to spend a little time making a JAMMA rig so you can play them outside of a cabinet (using your TV) and hacking up some lightguns instead of paying through the nose from Happ.

It can be done, anyway, but not without a fair investment of time or money, one of the other will do :D

Stone

Umm... Im very much in favor of just buying a CoJag hehe. Save up all summer, then at the end of summer, go round all the arcades you can find, in small towns many still have CoJag machines running, ask to buy them (at the end of the season). Easy.

What I'd kill for is a set of Freeze roms... anybody have an image?

Here you go, one image of the freeze roms...

JagMod

I was just looking at that on System16 yesterday. The Cojag hardware is pretty cool, but very pricey.... Definitely something on my list to add to my collection...

Jason

JagMod

I was just looking at that on System16 yesterday. The Cojag hardware is pretty cool, but very pricey.... Definitely something on my list to add to my collection...

Jason

You don't need anything else in your collection!

JagMod

Jason

You don't need anything else in your collection!

Sure I do! :D :D

There's still plenty of items to run down......

I know damn near nothing about arcade stuff. Just out of the stupidist hint of curiosity, since i already know that arcade games use giant boards, but do the Co-Jag arcade systems run off jaguar cartridges? Could you possibly take a Maximum force Arcade board and turn it into a jag cartridge?

I was just looking at that on System16 yesterday.  The Cojag hardware is pretty cool, but very pricey....  Definitely something on my list to add to my collection...

Jason

Hi,

I thought that cojag hardware is not really available. Is there any place selling boards etc? I was looking at System 16 page but there is only a description page of it.

Thanks for info

Cheers,

I was just looking at that on System16 yesterday.  The Cojag hardware is pretty cool, but very pricey....  Definitely something on my list to add to my collection...

Jason

Hi,

I thought that cojag hardware is not really available. Is there any place selling boards etc? I was looking at System 16 page but there is only a description page of it.

Thanks for info

Cheers,

It's definitely available. Area 51 and Maximum Force arcade games are ran off the hardware. There are also some proto games that were made (see Freeze above). These are full size arcade machines. :)

Hope that helps.

Jason

I found the following:

"Area 51" 1995 light-gun-shooter The 68000 was replaced by an SGI R3K at 25 MHz

4 MB RAM

1 GB HDD

Hmm a Jaguar cartridge can hold 4mb of data so could this game be ported to the normal Jag? How hard is it to add an IDE controller for the harddisk?

Hmm would be cool....

TXG/MNX

It's definitely available.  Area 51 and Maximum Force arcade games are ran off the hardware.  There are also some proto games that were made (see Freeze above).  These are full size arcade machines.  :)

Hope that helps.

Jason

Yes, thank you for your answer. But is there any shop that still has it for sale or eBay or other auctions are the only way of acquiring this baby?

Cheers,

JagMod

LOL, thats not quite what I ment.

Does anyone actually know if an image of them is availible? legal?

I give up.

I speak of course of the downloaded data from the rom chips that contain the CoJag game called Freeze. I ask since I've long had plans to buy a CoJag board and get it to run freeze, or possably even a multi-game setup.

So... does anyone know if the rom images are availible anywhere? does anyone know the legal situation regarding freeze? Does anyone on the AA forums have an original physical copy of Freeze?

I know damn near nothing about arcade stuff. Just out of the stupidist hint of curiosity, since i already know that arcade games use giant boards, but do the Co-Jag arcade systems run off jaguar cartridges? Could you possibly take a Maximum force Arcade board and turn it into a jag cartridge?

Can't happen. The hardware it's running on is different, and there's nowhere to add the hard disk. You could do it, but it'd be much the same as putting the whole board on the cart and just using the Jag to provide power ;)

So... does anyone know if the rom images are availible anywhere? does anyone know the legal situation regarding freeze? Does anyone on the AA forums have an original physical copy of Freeze?

Ask at www.safestuff.com (and expect to be shouted at). Freeze is a prototype; as such only about 2 physical copies exist. Still, you can ask...

Stone

I know lets get him and Jagsmith to fight out who is the king collector. Then whilst they are both going at it, sneak off and steal their loot :)

I am sure they would be glad of the relief of loosing all that stuff, save them a fortune in armed guard wages alone! :)

I know lets get him and Jagsmith to fight out who is the king collector.  Then whilst they are both going at it, sneak off and steal their loot :)

I am sure they would be glad of the relief of loosing all that stuff, save them a fortune in armed guard wages alone! :)

I know I could KICK HIS ASS! heh! "Jagsmith", I like that.... :D :D

I know lets get him and Jagsmith to fight out who is the king collector.  Then whilst they are both going at it, sneak off and steal their loot :)

I know I could KICK HIS ASS! heh! "Jagsmith", I like that.... :D :D

As long as you take your time (just enough for us to loot your place I don't really mind :)

hehe JagSmith.. didn't spot that.. Someone who starts with a lump of plastic and a hammer and beats a jag out of it :) impressive :)

Archived