IGNORED

Atari 5200 Multi-Cart for sale

Skywalker

Have you seen the new 5200 multicart?  

It looks pretty cool. Does anyone know what the price will be for the new one? Is it still $125 like the old one?

Let's see, the last revision of the old one had 90 games and the new one has 95. I wonder what the five new games are. I'm guessing Asteroids and Tempest will be on there. Maybe Black Belt, Final Legacy and Super Pacman are the others. Though I'm not aware of ROMs for Black Belt and Final Legacy being available. Also, Super Pacman is listed as currently non-funtional on the multicart. (Fortunately it works fine on my EPROM cart)

Sean, are you out there? Care to fill us in on any the details?

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

I asked Sean about the multicart a few weeks ago. The new games are Black Belt, Tempest, Asteroids, Super Pac-Man, and Final Legacy. I believe Curt Vendel has Final Legacy on his webpage if you want the rom.

I wonder why Super Pac-Man would be non-functional? I can't see anything special about the rom.

Tempest

I asked Sean about the multicart a few weeks ago. The new games are Black Belt, Tempest, Asteroids, Super Pac-Man, and Final Legacy. I believe Curt Vendel has Final Legacy on his webpage if you want the rom.  

Cool, then I guessed right.

I didn't see Final Legacy anywhere on Curt's Atari History site. Does he have another web site I don't know about?

I didn't think either Final Legacy or Black Belt had been released.

I wonder why Super Pac-Man would be non-functional? I can't see anything special about the rom.

Good question, like I mentioned above, it works fine as a 32k ROM on the 32k EPROM cartridge I built.

I hope that he is able to get it figured out. It's a great port.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

Crystal Castles was a joke (John probably put it in there to screw with me), and Elevator Action has not been found yet. Apperently John talked to Joe Copson (the programmer for 5200 EA) and he described the game and gave him some disks that *might* have EA on them. I don't know if he ever got around to checking the disks yet. Crystal Castles exists somewhere I'm sure, but it hasn't turned up yet.

So neither of them have been found...yet!

Tempest