IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - "Rare" games

RSS Bot

Why are some games so much more expensive than others? Take, for example, Jack Bros. for Virtual Boy. There's multiple copies on eBay, yet they're all about $500. So it can't possibly be rare if there's so many of them.

When I got my TurboGrafx-16 years ago from the used video game store, I didn't ever imagine how much money the games would be worth and be so hard to buy. I have a decent-sized collection, but it cost money to do so. I have 2 dozen games for the game system. Last night I plugged it in for the first time in a while and huzzah it still works, but it's kind of repetitive playing the same games over and over again.

So I went online to eBay to try to find some new games that were affordable. Best I could do is about $40 for games I don't have. So why? There's hundreds of games for the TG-16 on eBay, yet they're all very expensive. So if there's hundreds of games, they can't all be that rare. But geez, if I sold my 2 dozen games I have for it, I'd probably get at least $500 for them all. So what's the big deal? Or perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see the logic here.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14635-rare-games/