IGNORED

TIPI -- It looks like the future is NOW! (No, I'm NOT kidding)!

Omega-TI

You sound like you should be looking for the PEB variety, and waiting a bit longer. Maybe you should cancel your order?

Please, people, don't buy this if it isn't for you. I really don't want to spend hours assembling something that will be shelved.

-M@

My apologies for leaping before looking. I was very impressed at first glance of all the current features and those to come. If I can manage to do a simple interface without the 32K, I will continue forward. At this point in time all my development is in the CF7A+ and NanoPEB environment. I can only remove the 32K from the CF7A+ sidecar easily. I'm working on two different methods of adding the 1MB SAMS to this system.

Total NOOB question here- would it be possible to configure the PI or its memory or flash storage to act like SAMS or other RAMdisk?

Not to my knowledge, but if I'm wrong, and I've been known to be, someone will jump in with a correction.

Not much has really exploited the SAMS yet, but I imagine it's possible in the future that a SAMS type board could be made to replace/swap out the existing 32K sidecar used with the TIPI.

Maybe not as memory, but won’t it essentially act as a hard/disk drive for storage and writing to disk from existing programs?

Not to my knowledge, but if I'm wrong, and I've been known to be, someone will jump in with a correction.

Not much has really exploited the SAMS yet, but I imagine it's possible in the future that a SAMS type board could be made to replace/swap out the existing 32K sidecar used with the TIPI.

I've had my PI waiting for this since Christmas, and was one of the few who got to order one from Arcade Shopper. I'll probably order one of the PEB ones when they get released as well. I love supporting the projects created on this forum and doing stuff I could never dream of with my TI's.

• Like 3

<- - - waiting for PEB card. :D

It'll be interesting to see the physical form it takes.

1) I'm assuming it'll get it's power from the P-Box?

2) I'm also assuming the Rpi will plug directly into it, similar to the way the speech synthesizer plugs into the Triple Tech card?

I'm thinking one of << THESE >> will be a must.

For P-Box owners it could save a few bucks as no case would be needed, or wall wart if power comes from the P-Box itself. Also no 32K side card would be necessary.

I'd probably end up removing both RS-232's from the P-Box since I doubt I'd really need my HDX or UDS-10 anymore, especially if Stuart makes a TIPI compatible Internet browser.

Just checked out your << TIPI SALE PAGE >> Down to six already.

Have you ever wondered about 'the next to the last guy' who didn't buy the last remaining F18A when it was available? I wonder, if he knew how long the wait was going to be, would he have decided differently?

Nah, have three extra waiting for consoles - bought before the last price + postal increases ... oh, and one FG99 that's still useless on a QI.

I guess I've kind of adopted a wait and see on the new stuff now, mostly because of other ongoing hardware projects that always seem to develop feature creep.

Likely you will find the cf7/nano redundant with tipi

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Problem is I have 1 x CF7A+, 1 x NanoPEB V1, 1 x NanoPEB V2 (serial port doesn't work), and 1 x F18A V1 NanoPEB. No matter what I don't want another device with 32K included. I have TI, Corcomp, and Myarc 32K cards coming out of my ears, along with a Myark 512K card and a Foundation 128K card w/Myarc EPROMS, so unless he's willing to take 2 or 3 of the above 32K cards in trade for his 32K card (which I will still want to remove in favor of a 256K or greater AMS/SAMS sidecar (which I am working on in my spare time ha, ha).

Hey Matt - is there a BOM for this yet?

Edit: If you don't, and want to have me work on a Mouser one, let me know. I'd like to stick it out there like on this site:

http://www.malinov.com/Home/sergeys-projects/isa-fdc-and-uart

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbdGjKhDmHJe_RM9F-sKfU9uU2TgnnAEynInCHC9wow/edit?usp=sharing

I don't have a link for the red led icon_smile.gif I just bought a ton from amazon a long while back...

If you want to make it more consumable, I'd be happy to add that to the github wiki.

-M@

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tbdGjKhDmHJe_RM9F-sKfU9uU2TgnnAEynInCHC9wow/edit?usp=sharing

I don't have a link for the red led icon_smile.gif I just bought a ton from amazon a long while back...

If you want to make it more consumable, I'd be happy to add that to the github wiki.

-M@

https://github.com/jedimatt42/tipi/wiki/Sideport-BOM

same thing, exported to csv, converted to markdown table.

-M@

• Like 1

Someone needs to write a TI-99 MMORPG.

I don't know who that someone would be, but I can sure imagine a lot of wives complaining if something like that ever came to be.

WIFE: "Honey, can you..."

HUSBAND: (Interrupting) "Not now dammit... Owens about to KMA in this game and Schmitzi's helping him!

• Like 1