IGNORED

Control issues with some games

maxdrive

What do you mean new gold controller? Did you buy it as a whole unit, or upgrade it yourself?

I think I've had this issue before when the pots inside weren't lined up in the slots so the X/Y axis didn't get the full range of motion. Might have to take them apart again.

Far as I know, the best gold rebuild controllers are calibrated in house. So my first guess is that his 5200 itself needs to have the pokey adjusted. This is best done with the test cart diagnostics and controller jumper boards to get the proper readings.

What do you mean new gold controller? Did you buy it as a whole unit, or upgrade it yourself?

I think I've had this issue before when the pots inside weren't lined up in the slots so the X/Y axis didn't get the full range of motion. Might have to take them apart again.

I bought the controller from best electronics. When I start missle comand the joy stick would be in the middle but the cursor in the game be lower left. Centipede works but as soon as game starts it starts to drift to the left. Not the controller but the game will

Crossbow is probably correct in that case. Call best back. I think there is a pot in the 5200 you can adjust.

Yep. Some games are auto-detecting and adjust for the system. Others do not and need calibration. Kaboom auto detects, but Super Breakout does not. Galaxian does, but Missile Command does not.

The sharpie is pointing at the dial you need adjust. I use Missile Command and center the stick and keep starting games until cursor is centered on screen. Another way is use Super Breakout and adjust until you can move across the entire screen completely.

post-25215-0-99218900-1523155049_thumb.jpg

• Like 2