IGNORED

some advice please?

maibock

I stopped by a garage sale Saturday with the kids looking for games and such when I noticed a cabinet in the back of the garage. I asked the guy if it was for sale and he said, "Well I was thinking about selling it to make room"

It was a "Marvel" machine but I can't recall the rest of the title(Marvel Heroes, maybe?). Is there a list on a site somewhere so I can identify the machine?

Also, he had mentioned that it was at his company that he worked for and they were selling it for $1,200, but nobody wanted it it so he offered $600 and bought it. He reports that the game did work until they moved it to his house and now it turnes on but there's no picture. I noticed the "insert coin" line burned into the screen, so it does need a new monitor. Everything else looks pretty clean and intact.

He had also mentioned there were 2 other games which can be plugged into the unit to play(can't recall which ones).

This is my first cabinet and I'm not quite sure what to look for. any ideas? I'm thinking about offereing $300.00 or would that be insulting? Should I offer more? less?

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

I stopped by a  garage sale Saturday with the kids looking for games and such when I noticed a cabinet in the back of the garage. I asked the guy if it was for sale and he said, "Well I was thinking about selling it to make room"

It was a "Marvel" machine but I can't recall the rest of the title(Marvel Heroes, maybe?). Is there a list on a site somewhere so I can identify the machine?

Also, he had mentioned that it was at his company that he worked for and they were selling it for $1,200, but nobody wanted it it so he offered $600 and bought it. He reports that the game did work until they moved it to his house and now it turnes on but there's no picture. I noticed the "insert coin" line burned into the screen, so it does need a new monitor. Everything else looks pretty clean and intact.

He had also mentioned there were 2 other games which can be plugged into the unit to play(can't recall which ones).

This is my first cabinet and I'm not quite sure what to look for. any ideas? I'm thinking about offereing $300.00 or would that be insulting? Should I offer more? less?

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

www.klov.com

Offer what you think it's worth. If he's insulted or just says 'No' oh well. If you're serious about buying it, have the cash in hand when you offer...it tends to presuade people a lot easier.

If you walk up and say "I have $300 cash in hand to buy it" the chances of him saying 'Yes' are good.

Good luck!

Archived