IGNORED

Birthday Mania, lady just called my store said hers was stolen

Trade-N-Games

Had a lady call my store asking if I bought Atari games. Yes, cause hers were stolen by her sister. 5 min later into conversation I asked her if she thought any were valuable since I only give up to a dollar most of the time and she said she had one worth more than money cause her dad got it for her " Birthday Mania" and she still has the card that came with it. In an instant my BS meter went off. Her name on caller ID was "Polly" and she said name on cart as well is same.

Shes a bounty hunter and her husband is Fed! so it has to be legit story right?

Funny story and be on lookout for one on market maybe soon...

• Like 6

I'm curious about the part where she's a bounty hunter and her husband works for the government. These seem like extraneous facts that don't really contribute to the core of the story...

Why? I could be playing the saxophone, whilst confirming, this is the real deal. I used to love Bounty, when I was a kid. My social security number is the same as Al's, everyone has that already anyway. Weird birds can listen to sounds, through their eyes.

It is really hard to come up with batshit crazy, takes way too much time too. :(

Either way, sounds like one of those 10 minutes of "internet fame" stories, or someone has simply made a BASIC version clone. All of these rogue "releases" from back in the day, have no credibility to me, like Gamma Attack. They are simply old homebrews.

I'm curious about the part where she's a bounty hunter and her husband works for the government. These seem like extraneous facts that don't really contribute to the core of the story...

I've worked at a call center.

I'd say that during at least 50% of my calls, people would have to tell me their job. Repeatedly.

I don't know why they do it either

Hey, my internet's been down for the last 4 hours, and I need it back ASAP.

Did I mention I'm a plumber? My account should info should tell you that, just check it. I'm a plumber.

REAL CALL

• Like 4

All of these rogue "releases" from back in the day, have no credibility to me, like Gamma Attack. They are simply old homebrews.

Holy cow! I cant believe you just said this?! Are you being serious here? Please tell me you were being sarcastic or your drunk right now or something. I mean, yes, the four leaf clover carts were technically homebrews, and would be classified as such by todays standards, but I thought it was an unwritten rule around here among the elite super collectors that we considered them official releases since they were publicly advertised & available.

And regarding the initial story, and wether or not its true.

First of all, the woman knows who stole it; it was her own sister. So theres no mystery here as to where the game could be. Just call your sister and tell her to give it the hell back! Second of all, save that womans phone number. Because if the story does end up being true, then we need to get that cart!