IGNORED

Questions regarding eColeco and Adam-SGM compatibility

arcade124

So, I've been looking at getting an Adam recently (Expansion Module #3 version), and the most affordable place looks to be eColeco. However, the last time they were reported as being active was a couple years back, and they were also said to respond the same day (I wrote them a few days ago and haven't heard back, which I wouldn't think anything of if not for these reports). Does anyone know if they're still active and selling Adam stuff?

The other question I have: what SGM games are able to be played on an Adam instead of an SGM? I can't seem to find such a list.

eColeco (Terry Fowler) is still active, but his stock is dwindling down to next to nothing so he may not have what you are looking for...especially in the hardware department. It may take him several days to get back to you.

So, I've been looking at getting an Adam recently (Expansion Module #3 version), and the most affordable place looks to be eColeco. However, the last time they were reported as being active was a couple years back, and they were also said to respond the same day (I wrote them a few days ago and haven't heard back, which I wouldn't think anything of if not for these reports). Does anyone know if they're still active and selling Adam stuff?

The other question I have: what SGM games are able to be played on an Adam instead of an SGM? I can't seem to find such a list.

Of the top of my head, all the ADAM Super Games released on Data Pack or Disk that were ported to ColecoVision cartridge format by Team Pixelboy/Mystery Man (Buck Rogers, Sub-Roc, Dragon's Lair, Zaxxon, etc., etc.) will work on the ADAM without the SGM connected. I think there are other SGM games that don't check that SGM is connected and therefore will work using the extra RAM of the ADAM, but if they use the SGM sound chip, you will not hear any music/sound effects.

• Like 1

The following Team Pixelboy Games do not require the SGM to be played on Adam:

Dragon's Lair (SGM not required on Adam)

Zaxxon Super Game (SGM not required on Adam)

Buck Roger's Super Game (SGM not required on Adam)

Mecha-8 (SGM Enhances music, but not required)

Mecha-9 (SGM Enhances music, but not required)

Subroc Super Game (SGM not required on Adam)

Super Pac-Man (SGM not required on Adam)

Knight Lore (SGM not required on Adam)

Cold Blood (SGM not required on Adam)

Shouganai (SGM not required on Adam)

Edited by Downland1983

• 2 weeks later...