IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, WOPRpwJOSHUA said:

...is there a key combo for deactivating a shortcut/bookmark (numerical)?

I don't recall there being a key combo to do this.  I use my desktop computer and delete the numerically named file on the SD card.  You'll find the shortcut files in the folder \_AVGCART.  The file will be recreated the next time you save a shortcut of the same number on the Atari.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a8isa1 said:

I don't recall there being a key combo to do this.  I use my desktop computer and delete the numerically named file on the SD card.  You'll find the shortcut files in the folder \_AVGCART.  The file will be recreated the next time you save a shortcut of the same number on the Atari.

Ahh, I see them, thanks. I'm just getting a handle on some of its function shortcuts - I'm guessing this (persistent key maps to number keys) isn't problematic bc numbers aren't used anywhere else in SC/loader ui (other than for shortcuts/bookmarks)? My brain wants there to be an on-atari de-assign or an all-clear for these (not a complaint, it's my OCD).

• 2 weeks later...

We are up to 99 pages and I have an AVGCART question I cannot find an answer to.

I am using an unmodified 800XL and my AVGCART has both cables plugged in with expanded PBI memory on.

I have just upgraded to AVGCART firmware revision AC30 and have also updated rompack.rpk.

How do I now select an operating system ROM from that pack which I assume is programmed somewhere within the AVGCART?

Also how could I change one of the eight ROMs within the pack if I wanted to? Is it possible to overwrite an existing ROM with another using HxD or another Hex editor on the PC for instance?

7 minutes ago, TZJB said:

We are up to 99 pages and I have an AVGCART question I cannot find an answer to.

I am using an unmodified 800XL and my AVGCART has both cables plugged in with expanded PBI memory on.

I have just upgraded to AVGCART firmware revision AC30 and have also updated rompack.rpk.

How do I now select an operating system ROM from that pack which I assume is programmed somewhere within the AVGCART?

OS Select submenu (CAPS for menu)

7 minutes ago, TZJB said:

Also how could I change one of the eight ROMs within the pack if I wanted to? Is it possible to overwrite an existing ROM with another using HxD or another Hex editor on the PC for instance?

you can do that or when you have cursor on a rom file with a proper file size, there will be "Flash to OS slot" item in File menu

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tmp said:

OS Select submenu (CAPS for menu)

you can do that or when you have cursor on a rom file with a proper file size, there will be "Flash to OS slot" item in File menu

Thanks for these details @tmp. I did not find this mentioned anywhere but I should have maybe explored the menus a bit more.

Now I know how to do it, this seems to work fine at loading an alternative OS.

The flash to OS slot method is also a genius way to prepare to load an alternative OS. By proper file size I assume you mean 16384 bytes?

I expect that it has already been requested as I believe that De Re AVGCART needs updating, so could I also respectfully request that @Mr Robot update his already excellent AVGCART guide for the new features?

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to include the CP/M functionality (of FujiNet) into the AVG and SubCart ? Or is that difficult because of diferent FPGA / chips of the AVG/Sub and Fujinet boards 

I have not only a 130XE and 800XL, but also a TRS-80 model 4P, that can do CP/M. Would be fun to exchange CP/M software between Atari and the 4P.

Edited by Stormtrooper of Death
  • Like 1