IGNORED

SNUG SGCPU Compatible Keyboard

Shift838

I have a Key Tronic that has two mode switches. Auto = off off , PC AT = on on , PC XT = on off

It is in the PC AT mode, and I've only used it for my SNUG TI system, as I have two XT keyboards that came with my two Geneves, and switching modes on the Key Tronic is not easy as a small "snap in" door has to be removed , and the switch itself is a very small 8 switch mechanism that is difficult to operate. I do believe that it would also work on the Geneves, if necessary. Not something one would want to do if they were all connected via a KVM (if such a device exists for an AT/XT keyboard).

I have a Key Tronic that has two mode switches. Auto = off off , PC AT = on on , PC XT = on off

It is in the PC AT mode, and I've only used it for my SNUG TI system, as I have two XT keyboards that came with my two Geneves, and switching modes on the Key Tronic is not easy as a small "snap in" door has to be removed , and the switch itself is a very small 8 switch mechanism that is difficult to operate. I do believe that it would also work on the Geneves, if necessary. Not something one would want to do if they were all connected via a KVM (if such a device exists for an AT/XT keyboard).

Happen to have your model # handy?

Note that there is one other possible "gotcha" with the SNUG keyboards. If the original owner wished, Michael would set the keyboard coding for a standard German AT keyboard. If yours does apparently strange things with some keys but works with all others, that may be the source of your problem.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

is this similar or the one you use?

HERE

is this similar or the one you use?

HERE

Yes, I believe it is it. I can't quite read the label on the bottom to be absolutely sure. I just noticed that mine was manufactured in Ireland, not the USA, so probably not identical. Another difference is the FCC ID: mined is CIG 5E7 E03418 VS CIG 8AV E03417

Edited by FDOS

• 3 weeks later...

i'm having issues finding a compatible keyboard. I have purchased a couple on ebay and although they work great in XT mode on the Geneve, they are a no go on the SNUG system in AT mode. Not sure why, i thought all AT keyboards were standard MF2 compatible.

Will a PS/2 keyboard work as I have read those are considered AT keyboards. Maybe inline with a PS2 to AT adapter?

If anyone has one they are willing to sell me that will work with the SNUG system let me know or point me to one that will work.

Thanks,

Edited by Shift838

i'm having issues finding a compatible keyboard. I have purchased a couple on ebay and although they work great in XT mode on the Geneve, they are a no go on the SNUG system in AT mode. Not sure why, i thought all AT keyboards were standard MF2 compatible.

Will a PS/2 keyboard work as I have read those are considered AT keyboards. Maybe inline with a PS2 to AT adapter?

If anyone has one they are willing to sell me that will work with the SNUG system let me know or point me to one that will work.

Thanks,

I actually got a black Compaq PS2 keyboard with an AT keyboard adapter and it worked fine.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Keyboard like this maybe: HERE

PS/2 to AT : HERE

Yep, found one like mine on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Compaq-KB-0133-Wired-PS-2-Keyboard/222999787756?hash=item33ebd2b8ec:g:Q9QAAOSwJjZa80e8

The PS/2 to AT adapter is a regular standard item.

The keyboards come up new on eBay a lot for $5-$10.

Yep, found one like mine on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Compaq-KB-0133-Wired-PS-2-Keyboard/222999787756?hash=item33ebd2b8ec:g:Q9QAAOSwJjZa80e8

The PS/2 to AT adapter is a regular standard item.

The keyboards come up new on eBay a lot for $5-$10.

And you are using this on a SNUG SGCPU right?