IGNORED

new pics of 20 system console rack

Hi all,

I posted yesterday to Digital Press about a huge update to my website (link below) but didn't get much resposnse so thought I'd try here with a different topic. There's also a lot of new projects for you hardcore soldering guys.

Any thoughts or opinions?

That's sweet... do I see a 7800 resting atop a 5200? Classic! I haven't seen a real live 5200 in 20 years so I have never been able to compare their sizes side-by-side.

So, do you have 4 daisy-chained power strips for that?

Bah, I don't see a JagCD anywhere in that picture... what kind of collection doesn't have one of these? ;)

And where's the TI-99/4a? You mention it, but I don't see it in the pictures...

--Zero

Bah, I don't see a JagCD anywhere in that picture... what kind of collection doesn't have one of these? :)

Actually, a jag cd would be nice. They're so expensive though, and I've never seen one in a thrift.

it's on its side to the left.

Yeah, there wasn't room for it and it's really banged up anyway. I bought it for $.99 at a thrift town intending to remove the tms9918 graphics chip for a colecovision project. After a couple years of it sitting around, I took pity, made an av cable and started using it.

I hate you Jsoper...

Hey, the rat built all that, not me. Most days he's in a grumpy mood and won't let me play unless he needs someone for Combat :)

It's on its side to the left..

Ah, there it is... I expected it to be on the rack with the rest of them. I've been meaning to get one of these, but I already have a basement so full of C64's, Apple II's, Atari 800's, and Amigas that "yet another old computer" seems redundant. However, I bought a copy of Parsec for the TI, so I guess I'll have to buy one sooner or later.

--Zero

That's a really nice looking site Scott! You should give us some larger pictures thou, I like to really be able to see everything up close.  :D

I do have larger versions... I'm not sure now why I decided not to link them up. There IS an annotated large version of the first one, with a link in the text under it.

Thanks for checking it out!

Since we're showing off rooms...

I took these over the weekend (trying to finally finish my website)

http://www.particles.org/room/room.html

Now THAT's what I'm talking about! You guys put me to shame! :sad: :D

Very well-organized. I like that. Mine has a way to go in terms of the organization... and in terms of actually acquiring the STUFF, I guess!

BTW, the Taxi pinball was picked up tonight. :sad: I felt like I was saying goodbye to my first-born. Just don't tell my first-born that. :D

@ jsoper: Front-loaders certainly do have their advantages. I'd like to switch to a mode stackable setup, but there are always the issues of tray failure and overheating (which struck my original Sega CD and 3DO, respectively).

@Scott: I agree with the earlier posts- very nice site design.

[ObFan] Regarding the "studio" space: does this mean that we may yet hear Scrotalwurst II: Electric Boogaloo? C.S. fans wait wih bated breath :P [/ObFan]

Don't underestimate closet space.  Ultima was programmed in one...and the majority of Ultima II.

I've got one up on that... I built a computer in my locker at university! I have no pictures of it at the moment though. It's a 486 that I put together with spare parts that I found around the university... unfortunately, the monitor burned out a while back (at least, it won't turn on anymore), so the whole thing is in limbo at the moment :(

The way I had the keyboard mounted on the door with nothing more than twine was quite impressive though.

--Zero

Archived