IGNORED

3D Printed TI Logo

jonecool

So I really liked Omega's TI Logo he has hanging on the wall in his videos. So, I thought I'd try to 3D print something close and see if I could make it look metallic.

The closest thing I could find was this coin on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:873348

So, I sized it up to the full size of my printer's print bed. While it's not nearly as slick looking, I printed it in PLA and picked up a cheap can of silver metallic spray paint from Dollar General. and here are the results (ignore the fingerprints LOL, I'll add another coat) :

post-63846-0-91935800-1527519140_thumb.jpg

post-63846-0-19175500-1527519165_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonecool
  • Like 3

Cool. Can you shoot it beside something familiar so we can get context of the size?

If you'd like something custom (perhaps you're thinking for your youtube channel), I'd be happy to whip something up for you so you can print yourself...

Thomas

COREi64

Hi Thomas,

I was indeed thinking of something for the intro to any future TI 99/4a videos :) I could always use the green screen as well for that and I probably should make better use of it for video's such as the TIPI Video. But it would be cool to incorporate a sharp looking TI Logo. I definitely don't want to distract you from the work you're doing on the TIPI case designs! But if you ever decide to make a cool logo for 3D printing my print bed is 225 x 145 mm (I use a FlashForge Creator Pro) and of course I would GREATLY Appreciate it!

Below is a US Penny and an Amazon Fire TV Remote for comparisons.

post-63846-0-10845400-1527610419_thumb.jpg

• Like 2