IGNORED

Heads up on fake coleco and other items on ebay.

stupus

Some do say that and some don't. Some are worded very weird and he seems to have bootlegged a ton of stuff cpuwiz and his wife made.

And with how rare bumpman is a can see someone hitting buy it now before they fully know what they are getting.

• Like 1

Yes, this guy is a known pirate. He also pirates 2600 homebrew games, including AtariAge homebrews. I wholeheartedly encourage everyone to report his bootleg auctions. He turned belligerent on me once when I asked him to stop selling pirated AtariAge games, so I just file VeRO reports now, and eBay takes the auctions down.

He even just listed a catalog of ColecoVision repro/pirate games, complete with order form. Please report thst as well.

Thanks,

..Al

• Like 3

Looks legit enough to me. But then again I'm not a CV collector/connoisseur.. Nor do I spend 100's of $$$ on cartridges.

And THAT is one of the reasons I got out of collecting/purchasing cartridges in the first place. Too many knock-offs.

Edited by Keatah

Nearly all the video games he has listed are reproductions. He just recently jumped into pirating ColecoVision games. And his prices are ridiculous for bootleg games, which will make some people think they are buying legitimate copies. He’s also started selling on Etsy as “atari4you”, which was an alternate account he was using on eBay for a while as well.

..Al

• Like 2

Yes, he has been at this for some time but the colecovision stuff is newer especially the telegames stuff which many people have a hard time identifying as real or not.

And your right about his prices he sets them at this level that makes them appear too high to be fakes but low enough that they would be decent deals for the real games. And he throws in just a handfull of real items just to confuse people a bit more.

And I did see his absurd catalog of his his own fake games.

Apparently his catalog of lies is now a collectible in itself....that takes the cake! Lol

Will Ebay/Etsy do anything about bootleg ancient games? Or does calling it "repro/novelty" somehow immunize him against that?

There's a similar seller who posts here a lot who seems to think as long as nobody gets hurt, it's OK.

Ebay/Etsy won't really do much if anything. No one is getting hurt. And it's a repro of an otherwise unobtainable novelty. Besides, it would mean lost sales/commissions for ebay/etsy. To them its just some dumb old videogame you can get at junk resellers or thriftshops or garage sales. OLD being a key word. WORTHLESS videogame being another.

Like it or not, that is how the market is today.

Edited by Keatah

• 5 years later...