IGNORED

Finished Homebrews You Want Released

MrBeefy

Re: Froggie TIA music

Froggie (I think) uses the POKEY note data to play the TIA version.

I offered my help and also suggested that the TIA version could sound a lot better, possibly detect 7800 XM Module and use that POKEY.

Here is a no work done, to TIA conversion. While far from Pokey, I just wanted to quickly show something that sounded better.

Frogger music 2600 TIA music example: frogger426.bin

Listen at your own risk.

The longer it plays, the stranger the conversion gets.

Weird Al 2600.jpg

For the most part I don't think that was bad. You were right about the longer it goes. :P

I would rather see Pokey used on non ports personally. If it is a port I have probably heard something better than what a Pokey can push out. But even with that I liked BBCQ with Pokey, but Circus AA could have lived without it making it cheaper.

• Like 1

Id love to see the Doctor Who Berzerk hack get released!

What about a Berzerk++ with sound & options including diagonal enemy shots, with an easy to find Dr. Easter Egg?

Also Spiceware plans on doing the ultimate 2600 Berzerk/Frenzy called Frantic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the recognition for 2 of my projects! Dr.Vs.Dalek / DK Arcade 2600

(Byte Knight did the game play logic for DKA2600.)

Byte Knight is also the author of 2 games also mentioned, Evil Magician Returns, & EMR II.

I’m stuck adding any more programming in DrVDalek because there is no space left to bankswitch out of the gameplay bank.

I really wanted to have AtariVox+ save the high score. Final touches would be different wall layouts maybe changing color.

I can always put it back to Berzerk featuring Menu Select Options instead of “game number matrix”, no black lines, regular enemy shots or regular shots plus diagonal, speech samples in cart (blank but stable 262 scanline screen), faster player running / player double line by double line color...

I’ve learned a lot about sound since my first attempt at a game: DK Arcade 2600, coming closer to the arcade sound I did for Draconian and Mappy.

Plus I just watched “The King of Kong: A Fistfull of Quarters”, and I would like to get the rebound during jump off the invisible “side walls”, & better sounds and music (which DK VCS got spot-on), plus get bonus items in more levels...

I have become very good at optimizing batari Basic that it kills me the game logic and sprite defines are duplicated twice. First for barrels and elevators, second for cement factory and rivets.

Did you know they list a record for the number of fireballs trapped while removing rivets?

I can also trap fireballs while jumping over them & rivets in my 2600 version - it just happens & wasn’t programmed! Also the 2nd down elevator “wide jump” to the bottom of the last ladder trick I’ve seen in the arcade works in my 2600 version! We even made the landing platform smaller & farther away, but this trick is still possible — just a lot more difficult.

I thought I could do my own de-make of the 7800’s Astro Blaster quickly (my favorite 7800 homebrew - which I hated in arcades because 1 quarter lasted around 1 minute, but love as a “reset, try again and improve” home version.). I programmed the first enemy’s movement easily, then hit a wall with the second enemy’s movement.

My Satan’s Hollow mock-up is something I’m still passionate about completing.

Edited by iesposta